shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with wedding dress jewelry

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

Found my wedding dress but I'm clueless about what jewelry to wear with it. As you can see from the picture, the bust is fairly jewel-encrusted. Do I buy jewelry to 'compete' with it? Blingy and substantial? Or do I keep it simple and small?

I'm thinking vintage inspired, not modern. Could I wear a single strand of pearls with it? Or would that clash with the dress?

Also, necklace, earrings, bracelet? Some, all or none?

What did you wear for jewelry? Where did you buy it? I'd love real gems and gold but that's not in the budget...should I spend very little so I won't feel badly that I don't wear these items again?

I really need help, I'm not feeling confident about this aspect of my bridal wear.

sophia_tolli_olga.jpg

SC86

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing dress! I love the bejeweled neckline!

In my opinion, I would pair it with some large vintage inspired earrings and bangle. I personally wouldn't want a necklace, to show off the neckline more.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.tejani.com/bridal-jewelry/wedding-earrings/chandelier-statement-earrings-b135.html
http://www.tejani.com/classic-openable-bracelet-b166.html

Although they are not real gems, they are very pretty!

I also think a hair comb would look amazing with this dress. You could incorporate/pair it with your veil if you're wearing one, or on it's own.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/162619237/vintage-style-wedding-hair-comb-bridal?ref=sr_gallery_33&ga_search_query=bridal+hair+comb&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

audball

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I think I'd do some statement earrings and forgo a necklace. A bracelet isn't necessary IMO but is totally fine if you want one!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i would say earrings too :)

if in doubt maybe have a couple of options so you can see how it looks on the day?

I have a reasonably similar dress actually and vintage themed wedding. i'm forgoing the necklace for earrings

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
maccers! Your dress is absolutely STUNNING!!!! :love: I love the hair comb SC posted! I do not think i'd wear a necklace, just earrings and a bracelet.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else. No necklace to compete with the dress. Go with statement earrings and bracelet.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for statement earrings too. Maybe a bracelet but completely optional I found a beautiful vintage pair of earrings on Ruby Lane to wear with my gown. Now I just have to figure out how to convert them for pierced ears.

That's a gorgeous dress! You're going to look stunning!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
How about the wedding or chandelier earring sections of emitations.com? Oprah featured their jewelry on her show once.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the replies, ladies!

I'm feeling better with your guidance. I'll take the advice and forego the necklace but add a fabulous pair of earrings, a hair comb and possibly a bracelet.

I'm loving the tejani site but I've also come across some amazing things on rubylane. I am concerned about quality, it's hard to know how to compare the quality of rubylane vendors vs something like tejani.

I'm off to look at the emitations site, it's not working well on the ipad for some reason so I'll have to dust off the laptop.

I love this tejani pair so far: http://www.tejani.com/bridal-jewelry/wedding-earrings/classic-drop-earrings-b112.html

If anyone has more sites or products to recommend, please keep them coming!

audball

Ideal_Rock

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I also had a dress with a fairly embellished neckline, but I felt that forgoing a necklace created a huge void of bare skin that I wasn't too fond of. Ultimately I ended up wearing a single pearl pendant, as I felt that a whole strand of pearls was too much. I did vintage-inspired drop earrings that I found on etsy to complete the ensemble.

My recommendation is to try on a bunch of different combinations while wearing your dress! That's what I did, and it helped me figure out what to do. I tried every combination using discreet earrings, statement earrings, discreet necklace, statement necklace, etc until I found a combination that I thought looked good.

This is what I decided on, here's a photo I took at home during my own jewelry-hunt experience (lol, it shows the details of my necklace/neckline/earrings better than any of my pro photos).

ETA--the pearl pendant that I wore belongs to my mom, so it was also my "something borrowed!" I really enjoyed wearing something of hers for the wedding. :)

_10626.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results