shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with proposal ideas! Baltimore/D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone - I''ve been TRYING to do this on my own but I just can''t decide on a way to make this unique - so I''m asking for your help! I was initially thinking of doing this during a trip to Italy in June - but now due to other Weddings/Bachelor/ette parties we will not be together during our vacation time that month. Our schedules during the next couple months are really busy - but we do have the next couple of weekends off together (which is rare) - so I would like the proposal to be a nice surprise. Ok - so a little about her: OBVIOUSLY she is an amazing person, has a big heart, is very down-to-earth, not a sappy romantic but has a soft spot when things are sentimental/sweet; she loves animals, loves desert, loves country music (although I''m not the biggest fan - but I dont mind it), we''re in the Baltimore/DC area - we live right on the Inner Harbor; I''d like to do this in the next couple weeks if it''s possible to organize things quickly... weather here is still a little chilly...

groovephi

Rough_Rock
dr. ham,
you and i are in the same boat. im in baltimore, and im trying to come up with ideas for proposal as well.
i had some ideas and since im not going to use them i can share some with you.

there are a couple of nice bed and breakfast places in baltimore.
check out the scarborough fair inn b&b (federal hill)
the inn at 2920 (modern b&b in canton)....i wanted to do this one
peralynna manor inn (columbia).. very very nice rooms.

i was personally thinking of planning a trip to the american visionary art museum in federal hill, followed by a picnic on the hil.
the cylburn arboretum (right off of I-83) is nice, if you have time (m-f dawn to dusk)...it has a nice garden, exotic flowers, and nice trees.

there are some nice museums and restaurants as well.
write me back and we can exchange ideas.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say you guys are sooo thoughtful your FF''s will be blown away by the thoughtfulness and effort you have gone to pick the perfect ring, and plan the perfect proposal. I''m afraid I can''t help with ideas, I live on the other side of the world and have never been to Baltimore/DC, but I think nice words that come from the heart telling her how you feel, how much she means to you will mean more than anything else. I like the idea of a letter or something that she can keep, because I know when my husband proposed he said the most wonderful things, but I was so excited and caught up in the moment I didn''t remember everything he said (this seemed happened when we said our vows too, I have no idea what we said!) so if there is a way she can have something to keep as reminder of what you said, and how you felt, I think that would make any proposal perfect. Best wishes
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 8:25:05 PM
Author: groovephi
dr. ham,

you and i are in the same boat. im in baltimore, and im trying to come up with ideas for proposal as well.

i had some ideas and since im not going to use them i can share some with you.

there are a couple of nice bed and breakfast places in baltimore.

check out the scarborough fair inn b&b (federal hill)

the inn at 2920 (modern b&b in canton)....i wanted to do this one

peralynna manor inn (columbia).. very very nice rooms.

i was personally thinking of planning a trip to the american visionary art museum in federal hill, followed by a picnic on the hil.

the cylburn arboretum (right off of I-83) is nice, if you have time (m-f dawn to dusk)...it has a nice garden, exotic flowers, and nice trees.

there are some nice museums and restaurants as well.

write me back and we can exchange ideas.
Just wanted to say that the Visionary Art Museum is my most favourite museum in the world!! It is SO much fun!
36.gif

kanemarie

Rough_Rock
Why not invite her to a four star hotel and have the room prepared for you? It can have candles throughout the room, a hot bath running in the tub, rose petals spread throughout the floor and bed, and champagne with two glasses. Have the label on the champagne bottle state this message, "Will you marry me?"

I''m sure this will be an offer she can''t refuse...

Congratulations!!

sal808

Rough_Rock
I''m in Northern VA and having the same issue.

Our first date almost one year ago. I took her to a Nats game. We hit it off during the game, grabbed dinner afterwards, had ice cream, and walked around the Mall at night. Cheesy? Perhaps. But, we talk about it often with our friends and family.

What do ya''ll think about recreating first dates for the proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results