shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with final details, big day this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ideal_emerald

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

My big day is on Saturday (the 22nd) and I have most of my plan set up but there''s just a few details that I still have to take care of and I''d love your input.

So here''s my background:
I''ve been living in a different city than my girlfriend of two and a half years since last summer (it''s about a 3h drive). We both have fairly strict schedules for the next few years so we had been talking about when we wanted to get married, which lead to talk of engagement. I wanted her to be a part of the ring shopping so back in December she helped in deciding which type of ring she wanted (3-stone emerald cut), then I got one made at Whiteflash. I''m leaving the country for about a month this summer, and she knows that I''ll be proposing sometime before then. I see her usually about every couple weekends, and she thinks that I''m not coming up to see her this weekend.

And now for the plan:
She has something planned for the early afternoon on Saturday, so I will be heading up to her city in the morning and waiting until she leaves. Then I''ll set up her apartment with a trail of rose petals and candles leading to the bedroom, where I will be waiting with a couple bouquets of flowers and candles at my sides. I''ll say my speech and get down on one knee and propose.

I''ve left a couple hours afterwards for any delays and for her to call family and friends with the news. Then for that evening I''ve booked a limo (she''s never ridden in one, so she''ll love that) which will take us to our favourite fancy restaurant. I''ve planned with them to have champagne at our table. Then the limo will take us to a nice romantic hotel for the night.

And my questions for you:
- What kind of flowers should I have in her bedroom for the proposal? Her favourites are lilies but I don''t think it''s fitting and I''ve planned with the hotel to have them in our room anyways. I''m thinking mixed pink and white roses?

- What else should I have in her apartment? Are rose petals, candles and 2 bouquets of flowers enough?

- Should I have the restaurant put flowers on the table as well or is that flower overkill? She does like flowers (like most girls) but I don''t know if that''s too much. I''m thinking the table might get too crowded with the flowers sticking up between us...

- Any ideas about other things I could have either at the restaurant or in the hotel room?

Thanks so much for your help!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
If you had a song you could play "your song" as she walks in the door.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here are my thoughts:

If her favorite flowers are lilies, then by all means, give her lilies.

Try to keep it simple. Two bouquets of flowers are (IMO) enough.

ideal_emerald

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the ideas!

indecisive: that''s a great idea!! we don''t really have "a song" but hopefully I can think of something good in the next couple days.

anchor: thanks for the reminder to keep it simple, I think that''s exactly what I need to do at this point.

Any more comments or ideas would be wonderful, I really appreciate all the great help

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea too!!!...How about giving her something that she can also keep as a memory? (besides the ring
31.gif
)

A photo book, a little box of memories?

I love it when I knw a guy went the extra mile to make it extra-special!!...and yes, give her lillies!

M~

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
i think everything you already have planned is very romantic!!! :)

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
awww, very cute! no flowers at the restuarant though IMO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results