shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help. Which earrings would you prefer?

Pls help. Which earrings do you perfer?

• Huggies

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Pear Drops

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got my diamond studs, 1.44ctw and jackets (10mm diameter). Now, I am trying to decide if I should go for the Garland huggies or detachable pear drops. Please help.

Some details about both designs:

Huggies - Each has five 15-pt alternating with four pairs of 7-pt melees. Diameter 3/4 inch.

Pear Drop - One 15-pt connecting the jacketed studs (already got) and a pear shaped halo that contains 2-pt melees in frame and a duo stack of 5-pt and 20-pt RB's dangling inside. Size (width and drop length), shape, and proportion similar to that worn by Princess Kate at her wedding.

Pear Drops.jpg

Garland Huggies.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are two totally different looks.
For me it would depend on how often I would most likely wear the pear drops vs the huggies. For daily wear the huggie would work best. Pear drops look more dressy. Both are pretty!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness they both are lovely, in fact i have both (well not exact) but all very close to the same lines, and truthfully I prefer my huggies for everyday wear, however, I prefer my leverback stationary drop bezel solitaire diamond earrings more to my huggies. I find that leverbacks actually are more secure then my huggies, there were a time or two where it would unclasp on my towel (now these huggies are were very secure, hard to unsnap, but when it got caught on its own, it just came undone... so now I wear my solitaire leverback earrings more.

Anyways, sorry such long story. Depends on what the occasion is?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
If those are your beauties in your avatar then the pear drops make more sense as they would go with what you already have.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful, but for me it would be the huggies because I could get more everyday ware out of them. I dont attend
too many (any?) formalish events.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
another vote for the huggies

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a matchy matchy girl .... and I think wearing pear drops with your pear necklace would be OVERKILL times ten. So I vote huggies.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other posters...huggies seem more practical for everyday wear.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1316014236|3017345 said:
They are two totally different looks.
For me it would depend on how often I would most likely wear the pear drops vs the huggies. For daily wear the huggie would work best. Pear drops look more dressy. Both are pretty!

Completely agree. What would you wear more? I think maybe the huggies will get more wear.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all for votes and great comments. As always, you have given me sage advice by asking the right questions and talking some sense into my blocked brain.

Now the question is which huggies design,
1. 5x20pts per earring, or
2. Garland - 5x15pt alternating with 8x5pt?

I shall make another poll.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results