shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help - VS1 diamond with crystal on table

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am about to spend USD60k for a 2.8 F VS1 3Ex diamond online, sight unseen except for GIA report and the attached picture, which shows the slight crystal blemish on the table at the 10 o'clock position. That's the only aspect concerning me. Vital stats are table 58%, depth 60.9%, crown height 14.5%, crown angle 34.5, pavilion depth 43%, pavilion angle 40.6, girdle medium to slightly thick, 0 culet, 0 flourescence. It comes up 0.9 on Holloway Cut Adviser (3 Ex with Spread Very Good), and all grade 1A on the AGA/NAJA screening tool. I want maximum clarity and sparkle. Do you beleive this is worth buying? Money back guarantee if not satisfied. Views appreciated based upon the stats given, many thanks!

_35354.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
never mind...

VS1 you won't see anything without a loupe, and 15-20 minutes of searching at least.

If you're getting it from BN, please be ready to return it if it doesn't appeal to you. I bought a 2 carat from them, with an HCA of 1.0, and it did nothing for me. Not to say that great stones are not to be had, but under 2 is not a guarantee of a super beautiful stone. (btw, I returned my first attempt.)

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your comments. Didnt realise the point about the HCA score, so will check it carefully if I proceed.

kobelli

Rough_Rock
Great Diamond

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
The crystal reflects a little, but nothing that will eye visibly bother you. I think inclusions give stones a little personality anyways! Beautiful stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results