shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me for my 25th Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kdh

Rough_Rock
Can someone help a newbie on this site? I''m quite impressed by the dedication and kindness shown by Mara and others!

I''m looking at WF for a brilliant loose stone, around 1 CT in either H or I; SI1 clarity for my wonderful wife of (almost) 25 years (next week).

WF has found about six stones for me in their ACA grade; all are AGL certified.

The following specs on one of the better looking stones (at least over the computer) are:

CT: 1.027
Measurements (SARIN): 6.49-6.53mm X 3.98mm

Depth% (AGL): 61%
Depth% (SARIN): 61.1%

Table% (AGL): 56.1%
Table% (SARIN): 56.6

Crown Angle: 34.7-35.2
Crown%: 15.3%

Pav Angle: 40.6-40.9
Pav Depth: 42.9%

Culet Size: .4%

Girdle: Thin to Medium

Star length: 55%
Lower Halves: 76%

"Ideal 0" with very minor crystal and cloud on AGL diagram.

Flourescence: Neligable

Holloway Score: 1.5 with "Excellent" on all except "spread" (VG).

Not sure why the SARIN report differs from the AGL cert/WF document, other than (from what I can gather by reading all of your helpful advice) human opinion differences....? Although I''m not sure why actual measurements would differ.

WF is asking just over $5,400 for this stone; I''d be VERY grateful if some of you could take a look at the uploaded "Idealscope" picture and give me helpful advice about the quality and price, before I go through the exercise of getting it mailed out and appraised.

Thanks in advance!

IS_AGS-kdh.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS looks good. There will almost always be discrepancy between AGS and SARIN numbers, I would trust the AGS number.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

AGS numbers are always considered to be the numbers of authority compared to a sarin, so nothing to worry about, the image looks good also. Sarin accuracy can vary for many reasons.

Congrats on your anniversary, quite a milestone!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with that stone-it''ll be a beauty. And WF has a great reputation.

kdh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick responses!

Does anyone have an opinion about the price, or what WF generally charges premium-wise on their ACAs? How negotiable are their prices on these?

Also, I''m curious if anyone has anything to tell me specifically about the IdealScope picture on my post?

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 3:38:20 PM
Author: kdh
Thanks for the quick responses!

Does anyone have an opinion about the price, or what WF generally charges premium-wise on their ACAs? How negotiable are their prices on these?

Also, I'm curious if anyone has anything to tell me specifically about the IdealScope picture on my post?

Thanks!
You can get a discount if you mention Pricescope and pay with a bank wire transfer. As to negotiating the price I think you will find this is the best way to get a reduction as above.

The Idealscope image is excellent, I don't have any concerns with it, the diamond should be a great looker! I would assume the ASET image is also of top quality.

If you would like further reading on these images, check out this link.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

kdh

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!

The ASET image is attached. Any further suggestions are always appreciated!

AST_AGS-kdh.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 3:56:18 PM
Author: kdh
Thanks Lorelei!

The ASET image is attached. Any further suggestions are always appreciated!
Most welcome!

Super ASET as I thought!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome KDH! You really can''t go wrong with any ACA. They will all have great IS photos because the specs for making ACA are very narrow. I''d choose between the stones by finding out which one has the least visible inclusions or best placed inclusions.

Price is not negotiable. As Lorelei said, they offer about a 5% discount on ACA stones for paying by wire and being a PriceScope member.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results