shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find two specific things...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m having a heck of a time finding two things for my wedding.

1. Pink ballet flats.

I''ve had a really hard time with shoes, and after ordering three pairs of heels/wedges from the internet and hating them all, I''ve decided on pink ballet flats. I had my dress hemmed for flats because I think I''ll be most comfortable in them (flats are pretty much the only shoes I wear) and flats will be less of a hassle at my venue (brick, boardwalks, cobblestone, etc). The seamstress at the place I bought my dress and had it altered saved the fabric from the hem of my dress and will make little rosettes out of it, one for each shoe. I''m SO excited about this because originally I was looking for shoes with little rosettes to match my dress. Now I just need the shoes to put them on! So basically any pink ballet flats. Size 9 1/2 or 10. I would like to keep it under $100. The cheaper the better. I seriously can''t find ANY.

2. Hot pink/fuchsia ties for the groomsmen.

The bridesmaids will be wearing dressed from David''s Bridal in the color "watermelon". I went on a search today with a swatch of the fabric and couldn''t find anything even remotely close. I would like them to be solid, but a little bit of a pattern is okay I guess as long as they are mostly pink.

I would REAAAALLY appreciate any help on this! I feel at a loss and it''s making me crazy!
32.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome. I''m glad that I was able to help!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pair.
Ballerina 2
What kind of pink are the shoes supposed to be?

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 9:32:16 PM
Author: mscushion
What about these in pale orchid?

Ballerina 1

These are one of the pairs of shoes I ordered and I had to return them today. I really thought these would be IT! But when I opened up the little box, they were very lavender. Totally a different shade than the photo.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 9:57:18 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
Ballerina 1
These are one of the pairs of shoes I ordered and I had to return them today. I really thought these would be IT! But when I opened up the little box, they were very lavender. Totally a different shade than the photo.
Uh, I hate that. V. disappointing. But is this the shade you are looking for? How much of the tip of the shoe is the dress applique going to cover?

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:05:46 PM
Date: 5/19/2009 9:57:18 PM

Author: PearlDahhhling

Ballerina 1

Uh, I hate that. V. disappointing. But is this the shade you are looking for? How much of the tip of the shoe is the dress applique going to cover?

The light pink shade that these look like in the picture is EXACTLY what I want. I think it would really complement the color of my dress (champagne/light gold/ivory). I could also go for something lighter, or close to the color of my bridesmaids dresses.

I think the little fabric roses will be like 2 inches in diameter...?

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
How about www.capeziostore.com

If you click on "footwear" then on "soft ballet" you can see the ballet flats. They have them in pale, pale true pinks. They''re the actual studiio-ballet flat, like for dancing, so they might not be durable enough for practical purposes, but if you need them for your wedding mainly, the soft leather bottoms should be OK.

They have them in cotton, satin, and kidskin. I think they''re called "juliet" and they have that little elastic strap over the instep that can either be snipped off or worn inside the shoe.

Have you tried etsy.com for the fellas'' ties yet?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:26:41 PM
Author: Mediterranean
How about www.capeziostore.com

If you click on ''footwear'' then on ''soft ballet'' you can see the ballet flats. They have them in pale, pale true pinks. They''re the actual studiio-ballet flat, like for dancing, so they might not be durable enough for practical purposes, but if you need them for your wedding mainly, the soft leather bottoms should be OK.

They have them in cotton, satin, and kidskin. I think they''re called ''juliet'' and they have that little elastic strap over the instep that can either be snipped off or worn inside the shoe.

Have you tried etsy.com for the fellas'' ties yet?
If you do want an actual ballet shoe, look at discountdance.com. They have capezios, but cheaper!
1.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Don't know if this is a pink shade you'd be interested in but I have these satin JCrew ballet flats (in another colour) and I absolutely love them.

ETA: Oops, sorry! Just saw you posted the colour doesn't work. Too bad...
8.gif

erezzzzz.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
So David's Bridal works closely with MW Tux...not sure if you knew that...and I found a few colors that would compliment very nicely..and, in fact, one is even CALLED watermelon. :) The only thing is, not sure if you can BUY these, or just rent...but it's worth asking! :)

The color watermelon from DB:
watermelon%20dress.jpg

Watermelon Tie:
watermelon%201.jpg
(JUST look at the tie, not the vest...LOL)

Watermelon Vest & Tie:
watermelon%202.jpg

Azalea Tie:
azalea%20tie.jpg

Bubblegum Tie:
bubble%20gum%20tie.jpg

Fuschia Tie:
fuschia%20tie.jpg

MW Color Coordinator

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely go to Men''s Warehouse because as newsboysgrl777 just said, their tux section is affiliated with David''s Bridal. My bridesmaids didn''t get their dresses from David''s Bridal but I originally chose my color from there and went to Men''s Warehouse for the vests and ties for the groomsmen. They ended up with vests and ties in the exact same color as the bridesmaid dresses. I think there are only certain vests/ties you can buy and the rest you have to rent but it''s pretty inexpensive to rent and definitely worth it if you find the exact shade you want!

Also I''m not sure if anyone suggested this, but what about dyeable shoes? If you go to a bridal store and find white ballet flats, maybe you could dye them pink to match the shade you want and then you can add on the little rosettes. When I was looking for my wedding shoes I went to a store (I can''t remember which one, it was a small store but I''m sure other places have this too) and it had ballet flats that were plain so they could dye them and then add whatever designs you wanted to them. Maybe that''s worth checking out because then you can give them the swatch and get exactly what you''re looking for!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
If the bridesmaids dresses are from Davids Bridal, Men's Warehouse tux is designed to have all the same colors and fabrics as DB. They linked a little while ago. How about calling and asking about ties in watermelon?

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize other people had said this! lol

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These ballerina slippers are not exactly light pink, but they look like they would go with your dress, and they have soft tops that would make it easy to sew on the fabric rosettes. Also there are lots of reviews that might help ensure that you''ll order the right size right off the bat. (Great idea on the rosettes BTW... that should look terrific with your dress!)

http://www.zappos.com/product/7420250/color/152789

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or... dyeables:

http://www.coloriffics.com/detail.php?shoe=LOVELY&type=w

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results