shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE help me choose a photographer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I really love them both, and we have to choose in the next days. PLEASE HELP!!

PHOTOGRAPHER 1 http://www.julianfuhrmann.de/

Lives 3 hours away, so it would be a trek to actually go meet him in person. We talked over internet and I love his website. Romance in his photography and real personality.

COST:$3050.00
*1 person works alone.
*says will go scope out the location on his own
*9hrs

Please also look at BLOG... July 2008.... great pics there as well.

Photography couple lives 1 hour away, so easy to meet with them. We already met them and we LOVED them as people. They have in my opinion a great eye for light and a HUGE range of styles from funky to fairy tale.

COST:$3500
*2 photographers (neither is an asst)
*would arrive the day before the wedding and scope out the city and all venues
*since they arrive the day before they would photograph our 15 minute civil ceremony at the city hall, which is the day before our wedding, at no extra charge.
*all day photography 9-10 hrs.

The question is.... whose pics are better???? Opinions and comments welcomed!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh tough choice. I really like both but I think number one would be the one that I prefer. I love the style of number ones photos.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It''s so hard to say if you are trying to make your decision from the point of view as "which photographer takes better pictures" just because, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? I may love one style of photography and another person may prefer a different style. If, however, you really love both of them, which I can understand as they both have great pictures, you are in a good position because either way you will likely be thrilled with your pictures. An intangible element for consideration you may or may not have pondered is how you may interact with either photographer. Personality and how you get along with your photographer will largely influence your level of satisfaction with your pictures.

All of this being said, I would suggest #2 because they just seem to be the proverbial "total" package. Providing that you have a good rapport with this couple and you do love their work, that is the choice that I would make. They will be able to capture more of your wedding related activities, which is a huge plus, and there will be two of them so they will be able to capture moments from different perspectives, which I find important and invaluable. The cost difference between the two is negligible given that #2 has 2 photographers and #1 only has one.

I hope this helps! For whatever it''s worth, selecting a photographer was the most difficult decision that we have had to make so far! Too many variables to consider when trying to make the "right" decision.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 11:53:00 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
All of this being said, I would suggest #2 because they just seem to be the proverbial ''total'' package. Providing that you have a good rapport with this couple and you do love their work, that is the choice that I would make. They will be able to capture more of your wedding related activities, which is a huge plus, and there will be two of them so they will be able to capture moments from different perspectives, which I find important and invaluable. The cost difference between the two is negligible given that #2 has 2 photographers and #1 only has one.

Ditto. I''d go for #2.

Also, personally, #1''s photos didn''t speak to me the same #2''s photos did.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your opinions Bee Sparkalicious, and Clairitek. I have to say the hang up is that I like Photographer 1 SLIGHTLY better based on his website, but personally I just LOVE Photograher 2 as people and as photographers. I saw a whole body of 2''s work, which I was more impressed by than their website. Photographer 1''s complete portfolio I have not seen, so I dont know if what I am seeing is just beautifully touched photography for his website or an actual representation of his work.That being said, its beautiful. Ugh.

I am trying to collect some concrete reasons to choose one over the other. Your input really helps!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both, as you said you saw a full wedding of photographer 2 and just a portfolio online of photographer 1, I don''t think that is comparing apples to apples. If you prefer photographer 1''s work slightly to #2, then I think you should go meet him or her (maybe half way between the two of you) and see if your personalities click and if you like the pictures of a full wedding from #1. Any photographer can have a few beautiful pics to put on a website portfolio, but that doesn''t mean it is indicative of what your wedding will come out like. As someone who drove 3 hours to meet with my photographer, though I am not yet married, it is worth it if you think you like their work better. You will have these pics forever!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I love #2 but I also like photographers that shoot some more high fashion type FIERCE pictures.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Well, based on the advice we have been given, FI and I will be going to visit photographer no. 2. They live about an hour away, and we LOVED meeting them at the local wedding convention. I suspect they will be our photographers. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow!

Thanks for all your advice ladies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results