shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me assess if this stone would be good!

lafleur212

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am looking for a 5-year anniversary upgrade to my original e-ring. We were young when we got engaged so this would be my first real diamond ring.

I want at least 1 carat, excellent cut round diamond, and have narrowed it down to vs1-2, I color, triple ex options. Also really trying to stay below 6k (and better around 5.5k) for the diamond.

Please help me asses this diamond below and let me know what you think.

Thank you!!!

341D3E8E-508C-4C9B-A7D5-DFE34C95AAC1.jpeg

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-10109946

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the anniversary!! That's exciting :)

I don't love the one you shared. It's cut a bit too shallow

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine told me to tell you to check out Gemrockauctions and go to radiantdiamonds and simplydiamomds. Simplydiamomds would be the one to talk to. They are out of Belgium and they are super people to work with. They can most likely get you the Best Buy on a diamond that is GIA certified and what you are looking for at a much BETTER price! He got his engagement diamond, 1.10CT VS1 Asher cut, champagne and GIA certified for a little over $1000.00USD. He paid £1000.00 in USD it’s a little more. There is no tax involved. Worth a look. If they do not have what you are looking for right now, talk to them, they will most likely find it for you.
hope this helps.

Are you trade?
There is a world of difference between an ideal cut or super ideal cut round brilliant, near colorless diamond and a brown asscher. Looking on GemRockAuctions for a diamond is, frankly, bad advice.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @lefleir212, what are you doing with your existing stone?

Will you be trading in with a particular online or local jeweler? Or do you just plan to keep for sentimental reasons and start fresh? Trying to decide how we can best help you.

Also, how do you rank the 4-C's? For instance, my order of rank is:

1. Cut
2. Color
3. Clarity
4. Carats

Lastly, I would reject that first stone you presented. We can find you a much nicer cut once we know some parameters.

lafleur212

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi @sledge :)

I am keeping the existing ring.

I think my thinking right now is the following:

1. get the best cut (ACA perhaps)
2. Try to get the best clarity and color whole still getting a 1 carat stone (but has to be eye clean)
3. I want it in a very classic plain white gold 6 prong setting, solitaire style

now I am thinking this:

or this

what do you think? Thanks so much!

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With WF, there are only good choices assuming you stay in ACA, PS or ES. Those are their in-house brands that delivers the magic fire dance and offers an incredible lifetime trade program that is completely hassle free. As if that wasn’t enough, amazing customer service and very competitive prices in their respective space.

I am a little jammed on time, but will take a closer peek. Might be a day or so before I make my way back here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results