shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me accessorize :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
So I bought my dress,and this is a cheapy phone pic of me in it,it's hard to see but I'm also wearing a 5ft veil (doesn't touch the floor,so I can wear it all night if I want),and at the bottom there is lace trim. I honestly just don't know how to accessorize it with jewelry,hair accessories,etc.I was hoping some of the lovely ladies on PS could help me out :) Oh and if you want,please throw in an opinion on any alterations you think I will need.Thanks!

dressdontlook2.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
what's your normal accessory style? i think that would help start the search. what do you wear daily? what do you "always" grab for when you're dressing up?

do you have any accessories (aside from the veil & bolero) in mind already?

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
lulu66 said:
what's your normal accessory style? i think that would help start the search. what do you wear daily? what do you "always" grab for when you're dressing up?

do you have any accessories (aside from the veil & bolero) in mind already?

I really don't have any accessories in mind at all besides the veil and bolero yet. When I'm dressing up I can go anywhere from a pair of simple pearl studs to some fun and funky chandelier earrings and a diamond pendant necklace.It really depends.I think for the wedding though I would like to go in the slightly more glamorous direction without being crazy over the top.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'd go with a pair of fun earrings (drops or chandeliers) and a blingy bracelet. If you've got the veil and you plan on wearing it all night, that gets a bit tricky...

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild said:
I think I'd go with a pair of fun earrings (drops or chandeliers) and a blingy bracelet. If you've got the veil and you plan on wearing it all night, that gets a bit tricky...

big ditto from me!

amiz, did you want us to try to help you find specific pieces or just the general idea? if specific, what price range are you thinking about?

AWicker

Rough_Rock
If it were me accessorizing the dress, I would do a softer updo, something that hits around the bottom of the neck.

For jewelry, I would do larger, chandelier earrings. I would skip a necklace. It would be too much competition. I think you have enough going on around your chest/neck area with the bust of the dress and the bolero. And lastly, I would wear a bling-y bracelet. Just my .02! :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
lulu66 said:
FrekeChild said:

big ditto from me!

amiz, did you want us to try to help you find specific pieces or just the general idea? if specific, what price range are you thinking about?

If anyone is up for the task of finding specific pieces,go for it! I think I would want to spend about $200 or less if possible. Does anyone think I should put something else in my hair or would it be to much with the veil?

AWicker

Rough_Rock
How funny, FrekeChild! We must have similar taste. I didn't even see your post until just now!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
what were you thinking for in your hair? a comb, flower, headband? and what hairstyle are you imagining?
personally, i'm wearing a low-centered bun and a hair flower off the right w/a cathedral length mantilla veil placed right above my low bun. but i'm taking the veil off after the ceremony (obvi) and may not wear the flower w/the veil, gonna wait & see on that one. i think if you're planning on wearing the veil all night you don't need any hair accessories.

okay, i went on an accessory search & can see why you might be having a bit of a problem finding somethings. here's a few, nothing that i look at it and say, "YES! this is the accessory for that dress!" but we'll see what you think.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3123200...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6024244&P=1 blingy chandelier earring

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3110399...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6024243&P=2 blingy drop earring
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3123222...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6024997&P=1 bracelet to pair w/blingy drop earring

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3029512...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6024997&P=4 chunky baroque pearl brac
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3029511...elated&cm_Sp=Related-Items-_-Product-_-Manual matching earring w/a little drop

i think i'm imagining something vintage-y or pearl-y (i love pearls & lace, so i think that why i'm thinking pearls). any of this along the lines of what you were thinking? hate it all? i'll keep looking :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I actually looked at a bunch of that stuff! I was picturing something vintagey to,but with sparkle since my dress doesn't have any and I think every girl should have some :)

I agree about the hair accessory,that I don't need it.

My friend thinks I should wear a sash,but I don't know how I feel about that either :/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results