shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help make a 5yo boy feel special

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys - I was hoping you guys will have some suggestions. My closest friend for over 25yrs is getting married for the first time to a wonderful man. He has a cute little 5yo boy named Logan who will be in the wedding too. I have not met them yet because we are very far away (I am in LA and she is in NOLA). She and Logan seem to get along really well and I am delighted that they are doing so well - it really warms my heart to hear her talk of him and now much she enjoys him. Logan splits time between his mom and dad, so they do not see him every day. I would really like for Logan to feel like he is very special and a special part of the wedding so that he feels included in the union. I was going to buy him a special t shirt to wear which says "Best Son" (along the lines of the ''Bride'' and ''Groom'' shirts people sometimes wear) - I was hoping this would make a 5yo boy feel important. Yes? No?

I am also hoping that you guys could suggest a special gift to purchase for a 5yo boy so that he could have a ''wedding gift'' to open for himself that day. I remember when I was little and my brother was baptized someone gave me a gift of little lipsticks to play with that made me feel special that day too. I just don''t know what 5yo boys like. I asked Diana and she said "typical 5yo stuff" - hahaI think I am on my own, as I am not sure what that is!!!
23.gif
33.gif

Thanks!
Lisa

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
How about a small hand held game he could play if he gets a little bored with all the grown up stuff going on?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clary, great idea. My son has the leapster and some games like Cars and it is a life saver. It is not inexpensive though, the unit is 59.99 but it is a lot less than any Nintendo unites, and the games are not terrible. It is portable, runs on batteries or has an a/c adaptor, and is aimed at this age group. There are loads of games that are also really educational, letters, numbers...I also bought a very inexpensive pair of headphones, there is a volume switch on the unit, but this way it is nice and quiet too. My 5 year old LOVES his.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clary''s idea is a good one. If you don''t want to spend that much, there are other hand held games that are less expensive.

And of course, there''s always the very inexpensivbe, but never have I seen turned down, match box type car.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Something with Rescue Heroes is always a good choice with my boys. I really like the t-shirt idea and the present to make him feel special is so sweet. I hope this works out the way you hope for. It''s a great idea.

shay

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My 5 year old loves anything Legos or Magnetics. He also likes arts and crafts and loves to paint and use Play Dough. He likes Rescue Heros, Transformers, and Hot Wheels, but he always goes back to the Legos the most. The other thing he likes is his Crayola Metalic crayons and he colors on dark construction paper.

I don''t know if this will help you. Kids are all kind of different, but Legos seem to be pretty universal. I got him a little tool box to carry his in when we''re going somewhere.

It''s really nice of you to think of little Logan like that. Sometimes the kids get left out...

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nice idea!

ok, I have 2 small boys, and one of them is now 8 and the other is 5.....their absolute favorite is G.I. Joe guys....not sure if you want him running around the wedding day pretending to shoot down ''bad guys" though....so something alittle calmer.....their next favorite is something called K''Nex . You find them in the Lego section at say Target or Toys R Us. They are a bunch of little pieces that snap together, you can make just about anything with them, and they come in their very own carrying case.

You can find them in sets of various sizes and themes...i.e. cars, robots, fish, animals, etc...but my kids end up making all kinds of things with them.

The hand held game would have worked well for my 8 yr old, but my 5 yr old is just not into that kind of stuff.
good luck!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 year olds nowadays are WAY into the Disney-Pixar movie called "Cars." There''s lots of merchandise out there for the movie. They also love to build things, and play with trucks (Bruder is an awesome, high-quality brand). For construction toys, I recommend Magnatiles. They are plastic, magnetic building pieces in all sorts of shapes. VERY popular among the preschool/kindergarten set! HTH a little bit! BTW, I think it''s sweet of you to be so thoughtful about Logan!!!

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you guys - Thanks so much for the fantastic ideas - That really helps!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
What about giving him something so he has an "official job" at the reception. Such as a disposable digital camera or disposable video camera. My son was a bit older (8), but he loved doing that sort of thing at my wedding.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 3:37:15 PM
Author: IslandDreams
What about giving him something so he has an ''official job'' at the reception. Such as a disposable digital camera or disposable video camera. My son was a bit older (8), but he loved doing that sort of thing at my wedding.
That''s a good idea too! - that should make him feel important. I will definitely look into that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results