shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP ASAP!! Light return is my TOP priority!

Foxykat88

Rough_Rock
Brilliance being my top priority ! Sparkle is best! How does this stone rate? I can't read these pictures lol. Please help! I need to give an answer by tomorrow morning! :/ thank you in advance! :D oh and the HCA online tool rated it at 3.8 which is alarming me!! They say under 2 is very good. So I am scared !

_708.png

_713.png

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think you will get more input and discussion if you have this thread moved to Rocky Talky. :wavey:

Foxykat88

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks ever so slightly leaky under the table. Can you give us a link to the stone so we can see the angles. This leakage may not be noticeable. I would like to see a regular picture of the stone.

You can also run the numbers through the hca tool under tools to see
How it fairs. Look for a stone to score 2 or under.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually, these are Hearts & Arrows images. Not Ideal-Scope or ASET. So it's not possible to assess light-return.

miraj

Rough_Rock
Agreed - not a fan of the darker red under the table. I would expect a bright/rich red throughout. I simply reject stones over 2.0 HCA. So I'd avoid this one.

No need to feel time pressure either. There are so many diamonds out there, you can be very picky, and there will always be another diamond. I haven't encountered any "deals" -- diamonds are a commodity that are very price competitive already. (Although you can get ripped off by paying GIA/AGS rating prices for an IGI/EGL certificate diamond.)

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
miraj|1446212284|3943768 said:
Agreed - not a fan of the darker red under the table.
Irrelevant.

Let me repeat: Nothing about light performance can be determined from this image.

It was taken in a Hearts & Arrows viewer. That viewer has a black base with red filament paper around the side. The "darker red" is due to uneven lighting in the room, or overlap in the filament paper. It has nothing to do with diamond performance.

In a H&A viewer the diamond is NOT backlit, as it would be in an ideal-scope. And the white arrows are merely reflecting the white top of the viewer. Again, there is no way to discern light performance from this image. The image is meant as a basic indicator of cut-consistency.

Hope this is helpful.

ps-arrows-foxykat88.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks John. I stand corrected. :wavey:

So, again I'd keep shopping because of the HCA score, not because of that image.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't consider a stone with an HCA score of 3.8. Stick with under 2 (or slightly over if you can access an ASET image).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results