shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help an Aussie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussie

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

Hopefully you may be able to help me - I've organised to check out a diamond in person which I've found via the web.

It is a .93 ct stone, si2, colour rare white (G), with an HRD cert.

Proportions are very good, finish grade is very good.

Girdle is medium 4%, culet is pointed, table width is 62%, cr height is 13.5%, pavilion depth is 43.5%.

Asking price is $8250 australian dollars inc tax, ex tax is $7500. In US dollars this is approximately $US 4200.

What do you think - will this stone come out nicely in a simple setting, and am I being ripped off here?

I really appreciate your assistance in this stressful purchase!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it possible to get some Sarin data?

aussie

Rough_Rock
The only other info I have is the measurements:
6.23 - 6.29mm x 3.81mm

Does that help at all?

Thanks for your assistance.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry Aussie,

Not really. A general .93ct G Si2 is listing at 4600 per carat which comes out to $4278 total. In a local store the price is not uncommon and there are stores that would charge more or less. It's really hard to give a proper assessment without seeing it as a .93ct G SI2 could be valued at what you're paying or perhaps less depending upon characteristics we can not tell without seeing. ie. where are the inclusions located? ... are they black crystals?, crown/pavilion angles?

In general it doesn't sound bad but the best advice I could give you is to have a local pro look at it. Our friend Gary Holloway is there in Oz, perhaps you should give him a shot?

Regards,
Rhino

aussie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for this - I would love to contact Gary Holloway - do you know how I would go about doing this?

I was hoping to avoid too big a markup by buying through the internet rather than a shop - sounds like I may be being done over anyway though.

I do appreciate your help.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid, the moderator of this forum is good friends with Gary. Perhaps he'll put you in touch with him. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to ya.

Peace and good luck.
Jonathan

Googleman

Rough_Rock
I ran it through the HCA and it gave this stone a score of 3.9. I believe a score of under 2.0 would be considered an ideal cut, so it is not ideal as previously stated. I have been told that you can get more accurate results if you use the crown and pav. angles instead of %'s, so you may want to check into the Sarin report if you are really interested.

aussie

Rough_Rock
Guys,

Thanks very much for your help with this - I appreciate it.

Gary, I'll give you a call if you don't mind. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results