shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help a clueless soul with tips on eternity bands.

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was directed to your website through searching other websites and have browsed through the various posts and have noticed that there is more knowledge here then I could ever absorb, so please do excuse me if I do a faux paux or something in this post.

I'm kind of at a loss and completely clueless, I know through indirect conversation what my lovely spouse likes, and now it's time that I buy her a nice anniversary present.

I'm looking to purchase her an eternity band, I believe she likes two rows of diamonds because of the width more than anything. (Though are there single row alternatives that give the appearance of width like a double row ring?)

I am in Canada and I need to find a site which I can order from or purchase from here.

My budget is about 5 thousand dollars, basically I want to find a ring that will knock her socks off for what I can afford.

I realize $5000 isn't a ton of money to spend on these things, but it's what I can afford for now and I think she would likely still be very pleased with it.

Anyway, I'm an open book if any of you smart people have any suggestions about where I should look... styles that may be popular... carat weight I should be looking for/expecting for that price range.

Basically any tips, I can't ask any of my female friends because they'll just blab... and all my male friends are just as useless as I am.

Please help you awesome gurus!

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
She would definitely want them attached, so either two single bands fused together or one band that is double width I would think.

Is it not noticeable if someone only gets a half eternity though? Will she think I'm a cheapskate if I only get half? heh

Also is there a rule of thumb for the 4 c's when picking an eternity band?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you go with larger stones an eternity band may be uncomfortable because the stones are larger.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
centralsquare|1316495458|3021177 said:
What about something like this: http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_127&products_id=6619?

A 3/4 eternity may be worth considering. Some find the full eternity difficult because the bottom stones can get beat up. Some don't like anything buy full eternities because the non-diamond part can rotate a bit. Do you know which your lady would prefer?

Love this one! I find that eternity bands that are lower in height are more comfortable. Also, you cannot resize a full eternity so its best to get her correct size before ordering, I would ask for a sizing device from the jeweler you are going to purchase from. I would also keep in mind that weight gain or loss can be a problem with the sizing issues for a full eternity as well.

I also loved these:
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=1722

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=1970

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback, it's given me some good ideas so far.

I should add that her ring size is 4.5, does that create a maximum/minimum width that I should be looking at.

As I was saying earlier, she definitely wants some width to the ring (I know for sure that she wouldn''t want a band that looks too thin on her hand.

I'm still torn between 1 row or more than 1 row for this reason. Also I'm still uncertain how much I should be taking into account the 4 c's. with more diamonds, is this less of an issue?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Leon three row... Will she be wearing alone or with her e-ring...

I think the most important question about the 4c's for what you are buying is color. The next is the cut... But I don't know enough to lead you to the types of cuts used in a ring with stones the size your Are looking for. I am sure one of the experts will weigh in...

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
She would be wearing the ring on it's own.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
AC_Slater|1316524466|3021273 said:

I should add that her ring size is 4.5, does that create a maximum/minimum width that I should be looking at.

As I was saying earlier, she definitely wants some width to the ring (I know for sure that she wouldn''t want a band that looks too thin on her hand.

I'm still torn between 1 row or more than 1 row for this reason. Also I'm still uncertain how much I should be taking into account the 4 c's. with more diamonds, is this less of an issue?

usually melee (small stones used in eternity bands) is not graded. I would go with a trusted vendor who uses high-quality melee.

If you go for something like a five-stone ring, you would want to check cut/color/clarity/etc.

I don't think a size 4.5 creates a minimum/maximum width...especially if it is to be worn as a standalone band. the width is more determined by the length of the finger.

if she wants an eternity band, I would go with a double or triple band with smaller diamonds. Or if you think she would prefer a single row band with larger diamonds, I would not get a full eternity, because if the diamonds are larger, then it is harder for the fingers to close :)

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AC_Slater|1316524466|3021273 said:

Normally, I would recommend 5-stone ring for maximum bling, because you can see all your large diamonds at the same time vs. only half the diamonds with a full eternity ring. However, her ring size is as small as 4.5, so I would guess she can squeeze only up to 0.30ct (perhaps 0.35ct, but doubt about 0.40ct) for a 5-stone ring that would fit comfortably. As someone has already mentioned before, having large size diamonds in between fingers can be uncomfortable to most. To get maximum width, a good alternative would be something like an "Aurora Band" with five 0.30-ct diamonds alternating with four pairs (total 8 diamonds) of 0.05ct (I think 0.10ct will surely be too big for her length-wise). The reason for suggesting smaller diamonds up to 0.30ct is comfort between fingers. You can google search "Aurora diamond ring" to see how it looks like. I believe BN sells it as "Garland".

If you want to knock her socks off, get Whiteflash's ACA diamonds. BGD is another choice. Their signature diamonds are worth every penny and are something you feel proud keeping forever and pass onto your children and grandchildren. Do not skim by going elsewhere. You can inquire about pricing from both vendors. I am sure they will help you tremendously.

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
Hello again,

These tips are awesome! Thanks!

Is it also the case that some of these vendors will give some discount to PS users?

AC_Slater

Rough_Rock
Also to answer the previous question, I'm certain she would prefer the full eternity band. Though maybe a 3/4 may work too.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
AC_Slater|1316546769|3021532 said:
Also to answer the previous question, I'm certain she would prefer the full eternity band. Though maybe a 3/4 may work too.

It should be noted that full eternity bands cannot be re-sized. So if she has any weight gain/loss down the road the ring cannot be sized. I prefer 3/4 or half eternity bands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results