Please guess shape and weight of this diamond

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is a ten-carat pear.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrible pic but the diamond is on our right and I think it is a pink cabochon star sapphire on our left.
I think they are easier to make out in the video since your brain connects together a zillion angles and views.

screen_shot_2015-11-16_at_12.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trillion or pear. BIG!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking trillion, too.
9 carats?

Q

Queenie60

Looks like a pear? Maybe 10 carats or so? Love BB King! One of the greats! Saw him at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga about 15 years ago and he was just wonderful! Kenny, do you know what the answer is? Curious.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Round. 6 ct.

BBKingDiamond.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO, it's an old cut like an OEC and it's about 5 carats .

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has to have fairly large fingers so my guess is around 6 carats OEC and a pink pear on the other hand...

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I think the diamond is a round. No idea I'm horrible at telling size.

I liked watching his fingers play with the gems on them.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 carat round. His fingers are large. Not a lot of sparkle under the studio lights.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look round now.
8.5 carats (clearly just a stab in the dark)

Q

Queenie60

okay - now I say round. 8 carats?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
lambskin|1447789769|3950893 said:
7 carat round. His fingers are large. Not a lot of sparkle under the studio lights.

I think it's tinted and not very well cut. Just imagine if he had an ACA on that finger. :dance:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1447820216|3951118 said:
lambskin|1447789769|3950893 said:

I think it's tinted and not very well cut. Just imagine if he had an ACA on that finger. :dance:

He certainly could have afforded any diamond he wanted.
I read he earned over $100 million during his lifetime.

Well maybe not any diamond.
The Hope or the Queen's largest honking boulders might have been too dear for BB ... not that they were for sale.

That makes me feel sorry for people with diamond budgets in the hundreds of millions.
How many diamonds are even for sale in that price range?
DF, you should know ... :read:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
If only he'd joined PS before he bought... :lol: :lol: :lol:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Great screen capture, Andelain!

I think that it's impossible to say if it's lower color or poorly cut, because if a person doesn't care for a jewelry piece, it can look pretty yucky. I used to do the retail jewelry sales thing, and you would not believe how awful some of the pieces I would have to clean would be. I'm not saying that's the case, I agree it looks like an old cut, which would make it a little more likely to have a warmer color.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1447894917|3951528 said:

I think that it's impossible to say if it's lower color or poorly cut, because if a person doesn't care for a jewelry piece, it can look pretty yucky. I used to do the retail jewelry sales thing, and you would not believe how awful some of the pieces I would have to clean would be. I'm not saying that's the case, I agree it looks like an old cut, which would make it a little more likely to have a warmer color.

I like the ring, that's not why I said that. It just doesn't seem to reflect a lot of light, at least in that video. But it could well be because of dirt.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow- talk about smooth. I can't thank you enough for posting that, I'd never have come across it.
Totally made my evening.
I know you're a musician too so hearing BB King dissecting those drippingly soulful licks was ...wow.
10ct pear.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|

That makes me feel sorry for people with diamond budgets in the hundreds of millions.
How many diamonds are even for sale in that price range?
DF, you should know ... :read:[/quote]

No, but I would be sporting a 10ct D VS1 Octavia... :bigsmile:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1447908021|3951605 said:
manderz|1447894917|3951528 said:

I like the ring, that's not why I said that. It just doesn't seem to reflect a lot of light, at least in that video. But it could well be because of dirt.

I agree, I like it as well :) It looks like may have some chunky facets, and I also agree about the light reflection. Wish we had a way to find out more about it!! I am likely WAY off mark, it was just an inkling that struck me in the way the ring reflected light in the video.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results