shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me book recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:20:44 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 2/16/2009 3:05:40 PM

Author: Porridge

My most memorable books from the last few months were We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Glass Castle, and The Thirteenth Tale. Links to Wikipedia sites for descriptions!

Thanks Porridge! I apparently spend a lot of time in bookstores (I''m sitting in my campus bookstore now, lol) because I''ve definitely seen The Thirteenth Tale around a lot - I was waiting for the paperback version like a year ago, but never got around to buying it when it did come out in paperback. I''ll go look now
Do - it''s a lovely one, a very interesting read, and really pulls you into the story. Enjoy!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Lot''s of great suggestions...

I am a book fan...and a book on tape fan...

Beach Music...is one of the best books on tapes that I have ever had...the book itself is good but the narration is sooo good it elevates the tape/CD to a whole other level...

If you like Books on Tape/CD...and have and iPhone/iPod....some are availabe for download (itunes/amazon)...or get the CD''s and import them into iTunes then to your player....

easier than carrying the books

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another good book that I have read is The Husband by Dean Koontz
Also loved Lisey''s Story by Stephen King

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:42:26 PM
Author: makemepretty
I just started the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. It''s funny and entertaining. I never thought I''d enjoy a book about a lady skip tracing agent(bounty hunter) but since she doesn''t really know what she''s doing it''s a good read. Luckily for me, there''s lots and I''m only on book two.

Sounds like fun! Thanks!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:27:27 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I am not sure these fall into your categories, but I have just started reading The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I am a little over 100 pages in and I cannot wait to read further.

My favorite book of all is She''s Come Undone by Wally Lamb...love that book so much I have read it twice!

I think that''s the second recommendation for Wally Lamb on this thread - must go look!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:56:13 PM
Author: diane5006
Lot's of great suggestions...

I am a book fan...and a book on tape fan...

Beach Music...is one of the best books on tapes that I have ever had...the book itself is good but the narration is sooo good it elevates the tape/CD to a whole other level...

If you like Books on Tape/CD...and have and iPhone/iPod....some are availabe for download (itunes/amazon)...or get the CD's and import them into iTunes then to your player....

easier than carrying the books

I might look into it, although unfortunately my attention span precludes use of audio books
3.gif
Seriously, when I try to listen, after a few minutes I get antsy, then start doing something else....which then means I start tuning out the book. But I will definitely go look at the hardcopy form! Thanks!

EDIT: Thinking about getting a Kindle....
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:12:06 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Another good book that I have read is The Husband by Dean Koontz

Also loved Lisey''s Story by Stephen King

Thanks for the suggestions!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, late to this thread but had to chime in because I''m about 250 pages into a new book I''m loving - its called Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke - if you''re a fan of British literature (i.e. Jane Austen, Dickens, etc...) I think you''d really enjoy it - I''m having so much fun reading it, highly recommended
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results