shape
carat
color
clarity

Please critique my invitation wording!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Even though everyone we are inviting knows about the wedding and has told us they will come I still want to send out invites. This way everyone will have the information in a hard copy in front of them in a handy dandy little pocketfold to take with them when they drive up to the wedding.

A few things to consider while reading. Our RD is fairly casual. People can wear jeans or a cute sun dress if they want. Our reception dinner will be much fancier. I plan to let the people we are inviting to the RD know about the level of formality beforehand. I included a more whimsical verse for the RD invite and a formal one because I can''t decide where to go with the actualy insert.

If you think we should go for RD Insert Option 2 then please suggest a way to tie in the time of the actual rehearsal at the church. I am not sure how to throw that in there without it looking awkward.

I really need help figuring out the reply card since there are so many things we are inviting people to. There will be two versions of the reply card since not everyone is invited to the RD. We plan on printing the guest''s name directly onto the reply cards since we are only making 20 invites.

So here we go!

Main Ceremony Invite Card

Together with their parents
Clairitek
and
Mr Clairitek
request the honour of your presence
at their marriage
on Saturday, the twentieth of June 2009
at two o''clock in the afternoon.

Church
280 Church Road
Church-town, Rhode Island

Reception Card Insert

Please help us celebrate our marriage
by joining us for cocktails and dinner
at five o’clock in the evening.

Restaurant Name
2000 Ctek Avenue
Ctek-town, Rhode Island

Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner Insert
Option 1

Mr Clairitek popped the question
and Clairitek said "Yes"
All the planning is over
from the church to the dress.
Only one thing remains
for this day to be great
"Practice makes Perfect"
June 19th is the date.
We''ll practice the ceremony,
and iron out the kinks.
Then it''s off to the the Restaurant
for some dinner and drinks!
Please join the bride and groom
to be
at three o''clock
Church
280 Church Road
Church-town, Rhode Island

Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner Insert
Option 2

Please join us for a rehearsal dinner
in honor of
Clairitek and Mr Clairitek
on June 19, 2009
at 6:00 pm
The Restaurant
200 Restaurant Avenue
Ctek-town, Rhode Island

Mr and Mrs. Clairitek''s FFIL and FMIL

Post-Wedding Celebrations Insert

Come enjoy the views of Rhode Island
from the waters of Narragansett Bay
aboard the Schooner Clairitek.

The ship sets sail at ctek-time on Sunday June 21st.

Clairitek Wharf
Ctek-town, Rhode Island

Casual BBQ lunch to following immediately
after the sail at the home of
Clairitek''s parents.
340 Clairitek Road
Ctek-town, Rhode Island

Reply Card Insert

We are excited to celebrate our wedding weekend with everyone.
Please let us know which events you are able to attend.

Guest''s Name will be attending:

__ Rehsearsal and Rehearsal Dinner on June 19th, 2009
__ Ceremony and Reception Dinner on June 20th, 2009
__ Sail aboard Schooner Clairitek on June 21st, 2009
__ BBQ on June 21st, 2009

Separate Invitation for Sail and BBQ Only
This will be sent out to area family and friends who are not attending the wedding.
Please join us for a sail aboard
the Schooner Clairitek
celebrating the marriage of
Clairktek and Mr Clairitek.
The ship sets sail at ctek-time on Sunday June 21st.

Clairitek Wharf
Ctek-town, Rhode Island
Join us for a cookout
immediately following the sail.

340 Clairitek Road
Ctek-town, Rhode Island
Clairitek''s Parents

Regrets to
Ctek''s Parent''s Phone Number

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love all of the different events at your wedding. Given the casual nature of the RD, I would go with option 1 for the RD insert. I think the little poem is really cute!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 10:53:38 AM
Author: mscushion
I love all of the different events at your wedding. Given the casual nature of the RD, I would go with option 1 for the RD insert. I think the little poem is really cute!
Ditto this!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Option #1 for RD!
30.gif
Adorable!

Shame on you for even considering the traditional wording!
9.gif
The poem is too cute!

I love your ideas. Are you DIYing your pocketfolds? I saw some cute ones at PaperSource...

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I too, love the poem - it is so cute!

However, one big problem in your main ceremony invite wording...

Clairitek
and
Mr Clairitek
at their marriage
on Saturday, the twentieth of June 2009

You must spell out 2009 and a seperate line below, it should read:

Clairitek
and
Mr Clairitek
at their marriage
on Saturday, the twentieth of June
two thousand and nine

It just does not flow if you are so formal for the invite, and slip in a very very casual way of writing the year
28.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of these...especially the Rehearsal/RD Insert Option 1.

The only thing I''m not crazy about is the part on the Reception Card Insert that says "Please help us celebrate our marriage..." I''m sure this is on plenty of invites, but it just sounds strange to me. My preference would be something along the lines of "Please join us in the celebration of our marriage with..."

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Love it all! The one thing I''m not sure fits is the Reply Card - maybe make it more traditional to fit in with the others? "We''re excited to see everyone..." seems overly casual with the tone of the other inserts.

And I''m also wondering if there is an option not to go (Guest''s name regrets..)? If not, maybe a line with "Guest''s name declines with regrets" - but I just read that there are 20 invites, so I assume everyone has already said they''re coming? That makes things different, I suppose!

And are all the guests truly invited to every event? A friend of mine did a destination wedding and then was very upset when her guests "crashed" the RD - so I assume that all of these inserts are included in every invite, but if the RD is parents and BP only, then I wouldn''t mention that it''s even occurring to the other guests.

And my only nit-picky suggestion is that Aboard should be capitalized because it works much like a title for "Sail Aboard Schooner Claritek" on that card.

Post wedding insert -

Casual BBQ lunch to follow
immediately after the sail
at the home of Claritek''s parents

(spacing and/extra word in there seems strange)

Also - why not use the same wording for the invite for sail and bbq only? I like the first wording better :)

Wonderful job, though, C-tek!! You have so many inserts and they all look great. :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
mscushion and porrdige- Thank you for the encouragement to use #1. I think its cute too! I didn''t write it though. I borrowed it from some invitation website. I like it because its easy to just say ''meet at the church at 3 and then we''ll fee you'' rather than figure out the least awkward formal way to write out the pertinent information.

Mia- I was just about to order my pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com but I''ll go check out paper-source! I hope the invitations will turn out well. I can''t wait to assemble them and post pics.

DotD- I had wondered about the year thing. I got that wording from a website and it didn''t spell it out yet they spelled out the whole state name, the formal time of day, etc. Thanks for the correction.

Sammyj- I agree with the "help us" thing. I wrote that one out quickly and I think that your wording is better. Thanks!

Elmorton- Everyone we have invited is coming at least to the rehearsal dinner (where appropriate) and the ceremony. There are a couple that aren''t sure they can make it to the reception dinner and others that are local that won''t do the sail but might mosey over for the BBQ. I agree with you that its a little informal with the wording so I will work on that one.

Not everyone is invited to the RD so we will print out two versions of the reply card like or just do what you mentioned and not say anything about it and only make one version.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help! I never know what to do about this sort of stuff. Especially when formality is required or various people are hosting the events.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results