Round Brilliant

Measurements 6.45 - 6.47 x 3.95mm

Carat --- 1.0
Color --- I
Calrity --- VS2
Cut --- Excellent
Finish --- Excellent
Symmetry --- Very Good

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2131819193&weight=1.00

JA said the diamond is eye clean and inclusions would be unable to see with out microscope.

The diamond could be purchased for $5,812.00

HCA is a 1.2

Here is linky to diamond:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1421132.asp

Any thoughts, words, recommendations? This will be going in a 6pt white gold solitare setting.

Attachments

• act_printPDF.cfm.pdf
    541.1 KB · Views: 20

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the link to the diamond is correct, it's an AGS graded I VVS1 and your info. says GIA-graded I VS2. :wink2:

superadmin

Brilliant_Rock
qwe

mgh

Rough_Rock
what is qwe?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
did you request idealscope image?

mgh

Rough_Rock
yes i have requested scope, anything off top of the bat that would strike as not to go with

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers on the stone look good. Post the IS image. For some reason the picture of the diamond doesnt look like
what I'm used to for a stone with those numbers but it could just be the picture. IS image will tell.

Not to worry though...its probably fine!

mgh

Rough_Rock
ill post the image when available. thanks everyone

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
qwe - means quit worrying about everything or more common "no worries- it's all taken car of."

mgh

Rough_Rock
thanks for the qwe comment.

mgh

Rough_Rock
here is the scope image. looks pretty clean to me, a little something on the table south below the center of stone ( JA ) says it is completely eye clean

"Thank you for your patience while waiting for the idealscope image of diamond 1421132. We've had this diamond inspected by one of our graduate gemologists and they determined that this diamond has nice fire and brilliance which can be seen in the attached idealscope image. It's I color performs well and the diamond faces perfectly eye clean. This diamond is a fantastic option for you that I feel you'll be very pleased with its light performance."

1421132id.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, IS looks good...great stone at a pretty good price if you ask me!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great :twirl:

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I don't know very much about RBs and would hate to be an alarmist, but the arrows and the center look slightly off. The arrows on the right are sharp and pointy, but the arrows on the right look smaller? cut off? The grey area in the middle appears to be off-center towards the left.

Attachments

• ja_diamond_arrows_center.bmp
    258.5 KB · Views: 411

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not H&A, so imperfect hearts and arrow patterns is okay - in this case I think it's more an artifact of the stone being slightly tilted during photography though. You can see how the culet looks off-center and the mains on the lower L are shorter than those on the upper R

I'd buy it :sun:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
mgh|1316721274|3023200 said:
here is the scope image. looks pretty clean to me, a little something on the table south below the center of stone ( JA ) says it is completely eye clean

"Thank you for your patience while waiting for the idealscope image of diamond 1421132. We've had this diamond inspected by one of our graduate gemologists and they determined that this diamond has nice fire and brilliance which can be seen in the attached idealscope image. It's I color performs well and the diamond faces perfectly eye clean. This diamond is a fantastic option for you that I feel you'll be very pleased with its light performance."

I question this statement by the gemologists (or the salesperson's characterization of what the gemologists said) because, to my understanding, the IS tells us nothing about the diamond's fire and brilliance. The IS does tell you that the stone has good light return. A visual inspection and comparing it to other diamonds is needed to make an assessment of the diamond's fire and brilliance. The stone looks good, though; it's not being sold as an H&A, so you don't need to concern yourself with minor imperfections in the arrows. JA has a great return policy, so if, for some reason, you're not happy with the stone in real life, you can return it.

mgh

Rough_Rock
thank you all for your information/comments

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results