shape
carat
color
clarity

Please could someone take a look at this pair of sapphires?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I emailed about these earlier in the week. They are supposedly eye clean and ship from Israel but can be returned to New York.

I was sitting on them wondering if they would go on sale in September... if they were there, fine if not, fine.

I’d be anxious to hear what you think of them if you buy them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I don't love them, but don't dislike them either! I'm worried about them being greyish and having a window.

dazzledbydiamonds

Rough_Rock
Oh no, Whitewave, I'd feel bad to buy them if you wanted them!!

I'd be buying from the UK, so more difficult to return as I'd have paid 20% import duty which I don't think I could reclaim.

In the pic where they are being held, they have a sort of crackly/broken glass look to them... any ideas what this is? The pic of them in the box they look nice..

Lovedogs, what makes you think they may be grey-ish and have a window? As I said, I've never bought coloured stones before so am clueless!

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
I still have a lot to learn, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Leibish although being known for FCDs is likely equally trustworthy with CS
Dimension for earrings is ok, not big, but not small
Colour wise they seem pretty, but I see them differently from phone and PC (PC view makes them look blue with a grayish undertone, on my phone they seemed violetish, almost like a medium quality tanzanite :confused2: :shock: :eek-2:)
Clarity should be more precisely stated IMO, transparent just doesn't seem enough, are they SI1? VS? VVS? Do they match in this aspect?
They look like they may have a window, but then again I still have to learn how to correctly identify a window. Perhaps you could e-mail them?
Sorry I could not be more helpful

PS. If you decide to purchase them post photos when they arrive and setting projects or even finished piece, pretty please :kiss2:

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The one picture looks like a surface reaching inclusion of some sort....???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look more like violet tanzanite than blue sapphires. Maybe you should consider tanzanite earrings if you like that color??!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too they look more purple blue than blue and have small windows in the centre of them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooo, I’m not buying them. I can’t spend any money for a good 9 months lol.

You are welcome to them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemfix has some pairs, but not sure of the price range, and also check diamonds by Lauren

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you could ship to a friend outside of the UK and have them forwarded to you- check out gemfix.
Or have you checked pearlmans?

dazzledbydiamonds

Rough_Rock
I like the blue-violet colour myself... that's what drew me to them. Sapphire hopefully more durable than tanzanite?!

There is a light-mid blue pair with a hint of violet on Gemfix that are beautiful, but sadly they don't ship to the UK over $650.

I'll email Lebish about the windows and surface inclusion...

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies!

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
If you are buying them for earrings, durability isn't as big of an issue as it would be for something you wear on your hand. If you like the blue-violet color, you could probably spend less for nice Tanzanites than sapphires. Just a thought.

dazzledbydiamonds

Rough_Rock
Answers via email from Leibish...

If has a mall window as the table, but once it is set you will not see the window at all.

First answer re colour: The color is more to the cornflower and I also see some violet. Beautiful color.
Second answer re colour: It more blue but a mix of blue- cornflower.

First answer re inclusion: As for the clarity, the stones are 100% clean to the eye, just hold them in hand.
Second answer re inclusion: I re checked the pair. There is an inclusion on the side that is so difficult to see. I saw it only in a loope, nothing in the eye and not near the table.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results