shape
carat
color
clarity

Please confirm this is a non-branded "criss cut" diamond

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T Does the table appear to have a diamond shape on it? It almost reminds me of the emerald-shaped tycoon cuts I saw, but yours looks like it would be more ‘lively’ than those in the pics.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I found an Elara on James Allen site, and this round diamond on Bluenile that has 10 arrows, round table. It may possibly be a Zales specialty cut diamond.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well whatever it is.. a mix? victorian/scissor with less facet seems very interesting to me. it is less busy facet pattern, its not anywhere this tinted as my phone makes it to be. but I like it, different! its off to DK to be set.

upload_2019-3-20_15-28-43.png

oh I love the look of that! I can't wait to see it set!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T Does the table appear to have a diamond shape on it? It almost reminds me of the emerald-shaped tycoon cuts I saw, but yours looks like it would be more ‘lively’ than those in the pics.
It’s not straight rectangular has a slight very elongated hexagon like but ever so slightly. Haha maybe it’s not making any sense but I can’t remember now I shipped it off to DK didn’t have time to properly take loose pictures and my phone camera with all my oily finger all over the table lol is horrible.

Did you keep your tycoon? I love it!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
I found an Elara on James Allen site, and this round diamond on Bluenile that has 10 arrows, round table. It may possibly be a Zales specialty cut diamond.

Elara? I’m not sure what that is so I’m going to take a look around.

Those rounds with 10 arrow I want to say I’ve seen some a long time ago but I can’t remember where? And I remember thinking it was more twinkly?

So your namesake is rockcollector? You must be collecting some amazing baubles:love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not straight rectangular has a slight very elongated hexagon like but ever so slightly. Haha maybe it’s not making any sense but I can’t remember now I shipped it off to DK didn’t have time to properly take loose pictures and my phone camera with all my oily finger all over the table lol is horrible.

Did you keep your tycoon? I love it!!

Gotcha. I guess you have a setting idea in mind already? (I may have missed it).

I did keep the tycoon; I just love it. I keep doodling with my design idea, trying to settle on how I want the basket to look. I do a little mocking up, look at it and think about it, then leave it for a few days and come back to it again, make some changes, rinse and repeat. :lol:

Reactions: D&T

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well whatever it is.. a mix? victorian/scissor with less facet seems very interesting to me. it is less busy facet pattern, its not anywhere this tinted as my phone makes it to be. but I like it, different! its off to DK to be set.

That was fast! Looks super cool, enjoy it!

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
:love:

Elara? I’m not sure what that is so I’m going to take a look around.

Those rounds with 10 arrow I want to say I’ve seen some a long time ago but I can’t remember where? And I remember thinking it was more twinkly?

So your namesake is rockcollector? You must be collecting some amazing baubles:love:
That was fast! Looks super cool, enjoy it!
I’m afraid I love diamonds. I have a few but my largest is s 2.01 carat. An Elara diamond was sold around my area in an upscale jewelry store, Finks. They no longer sell this diamond, do it’s hard to find. The one on JA actually has Elara on the girdle according to the Gia very. It’s a square cut corned diamond. I have a three stone ring that is pictured on one of my posts that has 3 Elara stones. The 10 star diamond d looks somewhat like the Zales Fire celebration diamond. I’ve also seen dream cut diamonds on JA site.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Elara was formerly known as Flanders brilliant cut.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is an Elara cut diamond ring available on ebay currently. GOG used to have a 10 armed star but I do not remember what the cut was called. Maybe a Star or Solasfera?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elara was formerly known as Flanders brilliant cut.
ahh yes, now that sounds familiar now!

There is an Elara cut diamond ring available on ebay currently. GOG used to have a 10 armed star but I do not remember what the cut was called. Maybe a Star or Solasfera?
that’s right! It was the Solasfera, it’s been too long I still remember their site and what it looked like before the site remake.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always wanted one but in my budget range it would take a magnifying glass to see the arrows:P2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, but you tease us with this weird amazing mystery diamond and then you get it and take one lousy photo and ship it off! UNACCEPTABLE behavior! :twisted:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, but you tease us with this weird amazing mystery diamond and then you get it and take one lousy photo and ship it off! UNACCEPTABLE behavior! :twisted:
Lol ahhh I promise I’ll be back with more photos when all said and done I find that when I turn E/W it’s more interesting to my eye so I do like it better set E/W

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted one but in my budget range it would take a magnifying glass to see the arrows:P2

I’ve waited 7 years but took quite a lot of detours...:lol-2: and sometimes it wasn’t the right timing but the stars aligned this time around.
I’ve asked Solomon Brothers to look a couple of times but just didn’t feel right. To be honest the diamond is far from perfect the cut is not excellent but the size shape and facet pattern really was intriguing. I don’t typically like to over pay for VVS clarity but something had to give o_O and when inventory is low ... well :P2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol ahhh I promise I’ll be back with more photos when all said and done I find that when I turn E/W it’s more interesting to my eye so I do like it better set E/W

Well maybe if SOMEONE had posted pictures then I would be able to comment on whether I also like it better set E/W but SOMEONE didn't post pictures so we will never know will we?!?! :x2

LOL... how will you set it? Also, how do you get a hold of DK? I am exploring vendor options (not sure my original choice is a good fit) and I have reached out to him by email but no response. Should I call?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well maybe if SOMEONE had posted pictures then I would be able to comment on whether I also like it better set E/W but SOMEONE didn't post pictures so we will never know will we?!?! :x2

LOL... how will you set it? Also, how do you get a hold of DK? I am exploring vendor options (not sure my original choice is a good fit) and I have reached out to him by email but no response. Should I call?
:lol-2:

I love working DK but it’s only because I usually have a clear design in mind and he executes it well. I’m too high strung and a little control freak, I wish I can let designers just go to town maybe one day ( but fear that I might offend them and not “love” the design that they came up with)I also don’t want to go back and forth more than a handful of emails.

Hmm, if you can’t reach via emails sometimes I’ve called. Sometimes email goes into the abyss and sometimes I’m glad he didn’t answer my emails because a gem or diamond I “thought” would work out just didn’t and my design is just a waste of time since I didn’t commit to the center stone.

In Short. Yes please call him maybe his team will mesh with you, maybe not. I love CVB stuff, but price point and some communication wasn’t effective for me...
DK has done more than 30 peices for me over the years and @goldenfire introduce me to him years ago and so glad she did. He had a lot of flack when he was first introduced here, but so glad he’s been well respected and is popular.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your experience! I don't want to threadjack, but let's just say I am not sure my budget or my emotions can handle a fully custom experience with a longer timeline! But still exploring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7640D77F-5E30-43EB-BD2C-72F2EC640664.jpeg @dreamer_dachsie
Here is a sneak peek... I ‘think’ this might be it
I’m on my 3rd doodle

Metal halo like no diamond accent. I want a solitaire but with a little oomph

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your experience! I don't want to threadjack, but let's just say I am not sure my budget or my emotions can handle a fully custom experience with a longer timeline! But still exploring.
Not all... ask away that’s what The forum is for:D

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just posted videos in the fashion jewelry section (a vendor sent them). So pretty!!!!
not sure where to look for the video?... I have not venture out of my comfort zone of SMTB, RT and CS:whistle:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid I love diamonds. I have a few but my largest is s 2.01 carat. An Elara diamond was sold around my area in an upscale jewelry store, Finks. They no longer sell this diamond, do it’s hard to find. The one on JA actually has Elara on the girdle according to the Gia very. It’s a square cut corned diamond. I have a three stone ring that is pictured on one of my posts that has 3 Elara stones. The 10 star diamond d looks somewhat like the Zales Fire celebration diamond. I’ve also seen dream cut diamonds on JA site.
I remember seeing that cut at Finks. I stopped going there after they mangled a reset, just so you know. I was a good customer up to that point, but they handled the reset situation unprofessionally. [sorry for thread hijack].

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I remember seeing that cut at Finks. I stopped going there after they mangled a reset, just so you know. I was a good customer up to that point, but they handled the reset situation unprofessionally. [sorry for thread hijack].
They have beautiful jewelry but are expensive, I went in once and saw a beautiful .53 carat oval diamond. Price was over 3k. I asked the lady was that the correct price. I was promptly told “we don’t discount because we are not overpriced”!! They reset s diamond for me with no problems.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous I can't wait to see when it's done!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have beautiful jewelry but are expensive, I went in once and saw a beautiful .53 carat oval diamond. Price was over 3k. I asked the lady was that the correct price. I was promptly told “we don’t discount because we are not overpriced”!! They reset s diamond for me with no problems.
I had two resets there...an OEC in a Ritani and it was great. So I had them reset my asscher in a bezel setting and they didn’t know how to do it. The bezel was wobbly looking and looked partially melted, and the stone was set deep in the bezel. They told me I was too picky and tried to shame me into accepting it as is. I finally got them to unset my stone and take back the setting, but it took a fight. Most unpleasant. If they had taken responsibility it would have been fine, but they tried to tell me it was a good job, which made me question their ability to know quality work.
This was similar to the setting I bought from them
BEE2DBB0-F206-4245-97E2-BCDAA08B9C5F.jpeg
And this is what I got back
C5FAAAC2-645A-4CD0-80BC-22B580FBCC9C.jpeg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne that FINKS Asscher solitaire looks horrible:eek2: I'm surprised a "fine" jeweler would even allow a customer to see that:rolleyes: let alone try to pass it off as good craftsmanship. Oh my:o But so glad you got your diamond back and your money:angryfire: we should start a "bad" jewelry post with what was desired and the outcome:bigsmile:

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I had two resets there...an OEC in a Ritani and it was great. So I had them reset my asscher in a bezel setting and they didn’t know how to do it. The bezel was wobbly looking and looked partially melted, and the stone was set deep in the bezel. They told me I was too picky and tried to shame me into accepting it as is. I finally got them to unset my stone and take back the setting, but it took a fight. Most unpleasant. If they had taken responsibility it would have been fine, but they tried to tell me it was a good job, which made me question their ability to know quality work.
This was similar to the setting I bought from them
BEE2DBB0-F206-4245-97E2-BCDAA08B9C5F.jpeg
Omg I see what you mean! No that was not acceptable!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That stone looks awesome! Nice size too. If you need side stones check Louptroop. LMAO I see the design is done already, it looks pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results