shape
carat
color
clarity

Please check your skin for suspicious moles!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
DD had a mole removed from the outside of her left breast last week and when she had the stitches removed today the surgeon told her that the biopsy results showed some melanoma cells but none had infiltrated deeper tissue - he got it all! DD will be 20 in December and is not a sun worshipper. In fact she stays out of the sun and uses sunscreen whenever she spends time outside. But we did spend summer outdoors at the pool when she was little and I made it a point to apply and reapply sunscreen.

She has had this mole a long time and I repeatedly asked at least 3 of her doctors over the years about having it removed and they all said it was ok. I finally saw the mole again a month ago when DD showed it to me ( It was not foremost on my mind) and told DD that she needs to see a dermatologist and just get it removed. The dermatologist did not think it was skin cancer (yet) but urged DD to get it removed. I am so glad she did.

So please, please check yourselves and your kids even if they are toddlers or teens. I hate to think what would have happened if we had ignored this.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my! thank you for that PSA! I'm glad your daughter is ok - scary stuff. Good thing you continued to pursue this, soocool.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results