shape
carat
color
clarity

Please check invite wording, ordering today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies. I am trying to get these done today, I have been procrastinating over these for ages now. How does this sound, what about grammer etc? Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks in advance.

Together with their parents
Honey
and
fiance

request the pleasure of the company of

to celebrate their marriage
at Angsana Chapel
Angsana Resort and Spa
1 Veivers Road Palm Cove
on Wednesday 2nd September 2009
at 2pm
and afterwards at ‘Chapel Reflections’
Angsana Resort at 5.30pm

Dress code: Lounge Suit

RSVP: 1st August 2009

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

request the pleasure of the company of

This bit doesn''t low really well IMO, I think it is to many the''s and of''s I could be so wrong though and it might jsut be the way I am reading it.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I hear you Dee. I got this of the website and just copied and pasted it, but something about it doesn''t sit right. I have put the order in but I still have to approve the proofs and can make changes.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Is there a specific reason why you are including dress code on the invite? I''ve never seen that before. And do you plan to write the name in of every guest on the invite?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi honey22- I am concerned about the

request the pleasure of the company of too.

I''m wondering if the site meant to split it?

either

request the pleasure of your company

or

request the honor of your presence

are common. Unless of course as Sabine suggested you are planning to personally write in names?

It is not needed to dictate the dress code for weddings, if you feel it is important people know it is more casual than formal, and that they won''t get that from the invite or location, not sure you are doing one but maybe you could post it on your wedding website?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies girls. Yes, we are having each name individually printed on the invites, as we only have to get 11, it's not going to break the budget and will come in very handy
1.gif

It's standard here in Australia to include the dress code on a wedding invite. I have never seen a wedding invite without one to be honest.

ETA - I have just googled wedding invitation wording on Australian sites only, and checked the first 7 options and they all have exactly that wording so I guess it's quite common here. I will have to see how I feel when I see the invitation proof, maybe it will sit better with me then.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, wow...you just taught us something new!
35.gif
I had no idea that it was standard practice putting the dress code on invites in other countries. Certainly takes the guesswork out of figuring out what to wear.
21.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:28:00 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Oh, wow...you just taught us something new!
35.gif
I had no idea that it was standard practice putting the dress code on invites in other countries. Certainly takes the guesswork out of figuring out what to wear.
21.gif

Absolutely makes it a lot easier, there are such a vast array of different venues with different requirements for attire, and people have such different expectations of what to wear, I think it''s great that it''s a common practise. You never feel like you are inappropriately dressed and you don''t have to worry about those who are not so clued-in when it comes to what to wear
2.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for updating us! Being that you actually are hand writing the names in, I think your original wording will work out fine. It never occurred to me that other countries would have different thoughts on the dress code. I agree, it does help out the guest.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I also don''t think the "request the pleasure of the company of" and agree with Dee that the ratio of substantive to filler words is too small. I also don''t like how it reads with the name attached. When I read it putting a name in, it was too much.

How about "Request _________''s company with pleasure"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results