shape
carat
color
clarity

please beam healing vibes-daughter having surgery today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
thanks anchor! she really is brave.
when she was 10, she shattered her shin bone when a pony ran away with her and dropped her right on a jump (he went over- she didn''t) it was a long recovery, due to the nature of the break, but she healed in record time, AND did things like bowling from a wheelchair, dancing on crutches, got back on horses...

she is so NOT into jewelry, but she always looks at my ring and says, ''hmmm, mom, that is a BIG diamond!" ... stuf like that.
yesterday I said, "knock it off! it will be yours one day and i am only thinking about you- it''s important that I get one that will look good on your size 8 finger!" she laughed.."oh that''s right! make sure it''s big enough for me!!"

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2006 8:11:07 PM
Author: portoar
Know just how you feel -- a year ago my 10 yo went into surgery with a rupturing appendix -- I was a wreck and I made life H_LL for the surgeons and anesthesiologist too (not on purpose, but she was writhing and screaming in pain and I basically stood there and shouted at them to get her anestheticised and into surgery -- NOW!). I was worried I''d never see her again.

So -- soothing vibes to you and healing vibes to your daughter. I know what you''re going through as a mom and you''re right -- ya gotta be strong for her. This will pass and she will be fine.
Yes, I did that, too!! When she was ten, she broke her leg. A mother will do anything to releive the pain of her child!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad your girl is recovering nicely! Sending her get well soon vibes!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad your daughter is doing well post-op!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so glad every thing went smoothy and hoping for the expected quick recovery.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm I though I replied to this, but the post seems lost in cyber-space.
I am white-knuckling it, waiting for you to get engaged Ms Virginia!!
I can''t wait to hear the happy news & see pics.

We''ll all be sporting new rings at the next GTG, huh?

And, in general, I gotta say, "What a difference a day makes!!"
Dear daughter is doing just great, snoozing at the moment and I am off to Whole Foods to obtain Healthy Dinner Supplies.

Y''all have been wonderful.
It''s nice to have the cyber community!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad your daughter is doing well. I was chuckling over the comments about making the doctor''s and nurses lives hell. I thought my mother was the only one who did things like that! Although... once I thought about I realized that I''d do exactly the same thing... and have when my mother has been in the hospital. Or my grandfather... fortunately, FI has never been in the hospital to date (Thank GOD)... but well.... LOL.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
So glad all went well! Happy weekend nursing your young ''un!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken news
prayers outgoing for a quick and pain free recovery!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that things are going well for your daughter. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m also late chiming in, but I''m so glad to hear that everything went well. I hope that she has a speedy recovery!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
healing thoughts to your daughter and calming thoughts for you!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

The best part about recovery is watching lots & lots of movies.
We are watching Mean Girls (I love that movie !)

Virginia, my new sapphire RHR will prolly be finished by mid July or so.

So, since my e-ring still needs a stone, I have been talking to Gene at PrecisionGems about getting something custom cut to fit the mounting. The sapphire was really too big and thus it would have cost a bit to have the head re-made. This way, I can put the $ into a stone and leave the head intact.
I''m considering a dark aquamarine. So I will be quite the happy jewelry lover this summer!

Happy Sailing!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
glad to hear recovery is going well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear she''s on the road to recovery!
36.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
So happy she is doing well!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear the fun part of the recovery process has already begun!!! I had a tonsillectomy a few years ago at the age of 25... and though the surgery is typically uncomplicated for children, I was warned repeatedly by doctors that it is one of the more painful procedures an adult can undergo... boy did I ever learn that the hard way!! My mom was my LIFESAVER throughout the entire 3-4 weeks recovery... by my side the whole time, keeping neat little charts for all the pain meds, coming up with food concoctions that I could manage to get down my throat. I never really stopped to think how scary it was for her as a mom... but I know how grateful I was to her when I fiinally emerged from the whole process a good bit thinner and weaker, but healthy and well-cared-for! So keep doing what you''re doing... I think I can speak for your daughter when I say it is MUCH appreciated!!
1.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent news!!
36.gif
15.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2006 9:11:20 PM
Author: ephemery1
Glad to hear the fun part of the recovery process has already begun!!! I had a tonsillectomy a few years ago at the age of 25... and though the surgery is typically uncomplicated for children, I was warned repeatedly by doctors that it is one of the more painful procedures an adult can undergo... boy did I ever learn that the hard way!! My mom was my LIFESAVER throughout the entire 3-4 weeks recovery... by my side the whole time, keeping neat little charts for all the pain meds, coming up with food concoctions that I could manage to get down my throat. I never really stopped to think how scary it was for her as a mom... but I know how grateful I was to her when I fiinally emerged from the whole process a good bit thinner and weaker, but healthy and well-cared-for! So keep doing what you''re doing... I think I can speak for your daughter when I say it is MUCH appreciated!!
1.gif
I SO appreciate the semtiment (she has thanked me too, little sweetie)
AND I LOVE YOUR OVAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 8:53:42 AM
Author: dbgaap

Date: 6/18/2006 9:11:20 PM
Author: ephemery1
1.gif
I SO appreciate the semtiment (she has thanked me too, little sweetie)
AND I LOVE YOUR OVAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awwww, thanks dbg... I have been loving it too!! Can''t wait to see your new ring develop this summer... a dark aquamarine sounds gorgeous!!

It sounds like you have a lovely daughter and share a great relationship... and I''m sure it will only grow stronger as time goes on! There is something very reassuring about having a mom who will be there to take care of you in the drop of a hat, no matter what your age, or what''s going on... and as I get older, I realize that support goes both ways too! I also know exactly what kind of mom I want to be for my kids someday, having had such strong role models... sounds like your daughter has had the same positive influence.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results