shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Advise Me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I spent today looking at H, I, and J RB colored stones. I wrote about my experiences at Gordon''s and Bernie Robbins in Hangout in 2 separate threads.

The only ideal cut stone I was able to see was a HOF I colored that faced up beautifully white. I was only able to compare this to a non-branded J colored very good cut quality stone and could distinguish between the 2 colors immediately.

My question, if I go with an ideal cut RB (size between 1.3-1.5 ct) should I be able to distinguish between an I and a J? The setting I have picked is a JA yg with 4 sidestones of G/H color. Here''s the link to the setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2170.asp

Which color center RB should I go with H, I, or J? assuming that I will definitely go with an ideal cut stone? I myself would prefer to go with an I or J because I could go up in size a abit.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
J colored diamonds can be slightly yellow when viewed from the side (but not always).
If you want a white diamond, buy H-I ideal cut.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I thought J was in the near colorless range. Shouldn't all ideal H, I, and J color RBs face up white. At what point will I notice the difference if the center stone is 1.5ct and next to G/H range 15 point stones in a yellow gold setting?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
If your ring it''s going to be in yellow gold, I don''t think you are going to have any problem with a J color diamond, unles if the ring it''s white gold, I will rather go for an H or I.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
My center is a 1.73 J colored Ideal cut set in platinum bands that have F-G ideal cut 10 pointers. I can see no difference. I also have a white gold band with 20 pointers that are G-H and see no difference when wearing next to my ering...

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 7:38:58 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
My center is a 1.73 J colored Ideal cut set in platinum bands that have F-G ideal cut 10 pointers. I can see no difference. I also have a white gold band with 20 pointers that are G-H and see no difference when wearing next to my ering...
ImpatientOne: I just found the thread with your rings and they are TDF! Absolutely gorgeous!! I think I will be searching for an ideal cut J colored stone now, unless someone here with vast diamond knowledge succeeds in convincing me otherwise!!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Soocool, I don''t know if you''ve come across this video or not but thought I''d link you just in case. It''s done by Good Old Gold and shows diamonds from D-O side by side. It''s pretty interesting to watch and may help you determine when you will start to see warmth. Perhaps it''d be helpful for you to be able to see a larger range all at once.

http://vimeo.com/3288695

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 8:42:46 PM
Author: soocool

ImpatientOne: I just found the thread with your rings and they are TDF! Absolutely gorgeous!! I think I will be searching for an ideal cut J colored stone now, unless someone here with vast diamond knowledge succeeds in convincing me otherwise!!
I think you''ll be more than pleased with an ideal cut J, they are stunning!!! Are you from the area?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 4:52:11 PM
Author:soocool
I spent today looking at H, I, and J RB colored stones. I wrote about my experiences at Gordon''s and Bernie Robbins in Hangout in 2 separate threads.

The only ideal cut stone I was able to see was a HOF I colored that faced up beautifully white. I was only able to compare this to a non-branded J colored very good cut quality stone and could distinguish between the 2 colors immediately.

My question, if I go with an ideal cut RB (size between 1.3-1.5 ct) should I be able to distinguish between an I and a J? The setting I have picked is a JA yg with 4 sidestones of G/H color. Here''s the link to the setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2170.asp

Which color center RB should I go with H, I, or J? assuming that I will definitely go with an ideal cut stone? I myself would prefer to go with an I or J because I could go up in size a abit.
They normally say to keep side and centre diamonds within 2 colour grades of each other, so if G/H - I/J centre could work.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:37:51 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I think you''ll be more than pleased with an ideal cut J, they are stunning!!! Are you from the area?
Kaleigh, I am from southeastern PA (New Hope area)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
A J in a great cu t should face up nice and white, especially if you''re going with yellow gold. You''ll be able to see the size difference a whole lot more than the color difference!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, soocool! I love my rings :)

Do a search for threads on J and K colored stones here on PS, and you will be amazed at how beautiful and WHITE the ideal cut stones appear! Many of us here have them and love them!!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 1:45:43 PM
Author: MMT
Soocool my center stone is a K and the sides and band are all H-I. If I look really really close I can see a slight difference but it has NEVER bothered me and I dont think anyone one else has ever noticed. Here'' s the link to my ring
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgrade-40th-birthday-present.96812/
MMT, gorgeous rings!!!

OK, I am now convinced that a J colored diamond is the wayfor me to go. Now for the search!

Thanks for all your advice.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Good luck in your search and let us know what you get
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results