shape
carat
color
clarity

Please add terms of use and list of limitations to AGA tool

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.. and consider just removing the lookup charts that I understand don't necessarily represent the output of the dynamic tool

I know Dave Atlas had the info on how to use it on an intro page on his website, though I can't for the life of me find it now.

I think it's really starting to confuse some RT new consumers who are dismayed to find their pick does not meet the 1A "ideal", and there is currently no information to assure them that 1A is not in fact the "best" that every stone ought to aspire to! The most recent questions include comparisons to HCA output, whether their 1B or 2A does not merit the AGS0 cut grade or further consideration... I really think a warning in bright red at the top of the tool page is necessary: A) check all inputs, make sure no angles in percent boxes, etc. B) state that garbage in will result in garbage out C) explain what 1A, 1B, 2A mean in real-world terms

:wavey:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: Please add terms of use and list of limitations to AGA t

Hi Yissie,

We went ahead and made some changes. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please add terms of use and list of limitations to AGA t

Hi Andrey,

What about something like this:

***Confirm all angles and percentages are entered correctly before submitting.

***Please remember that this is NOT intended as a definitive selection tool, and results are NOT guaranteed to be comprehensive estimates of performance. Results of 2A, 1B, 1A do NOT necessarily represent Good/Better/Best, use your eyes and/or those of a trusted professional to make these judgments. Use this tool to find, match, and explore trends that your eyes have learnt to seek through visual, in-person examination.

This is, at least, *my* understanding of the purpose of including Dave's tool here. Perhaps he will see (or can be prompted to?) this thread, to contribute his own explanation blurb ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results