shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Learning Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I realzie that the stones are your expertise, but I have a question regarding quality of bands/ settings..
I am looking at Platinum, are there any indicators that suggest higher/lower qualites of the metal?
Signs to look out for?? Suggestions??

Thank you in advance, for any help you may have to offer!!!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum is sold / recognized as "parts per thousand" thus a stamp like PT950 or Plat950 would indicate a platinum content of 950 parts per thousand... The next step down is 900 platinum which is 900 parts platinum per thousand... The lowest mix we are aware of is 500 Platinum, but that is more of a mall store game... 900 or 950 platinum is the way to go!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I was told to look for either a diestruck head, or a reenforced cast made head.

JOE_Q

Rough_Rock
LD.
Here's a site you and others with similar questions may find informative.
http://www.ringdesigner.com/Pages/understanding-bands.htm
By the way, I bought my platinum setting from Greg Gates and was extremely pleased with the quality.

Joe.

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Learning Dia's,
I have only ever heard good reports on Platinum. I chose Platinum because of it's strength,durability and it's lovely white lustre. _Platinums high degree of purity 90-95 per cent (used in jewelery) also makes it hypoallergenic. Agreeing with Robin and Todd 900-950 is the way to go.
Hope this is of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results