shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hunt

Rough_Rock
I have read in a couple threads that re-sizing platinum is difficult and might leave a mark if not done correctly. I wanted to see if you all had a couple fresh thoughts on this.

I know that my girlfriend is about a 5 1/2, but I''m not 100% sure. Would it make sense to go 1/4 higher or lower depending on what is easier and less noticable if it needs to be resized - example - if it''s better to trim down, go with a little bigger size?

Thanks, BH

tessa

Shiny_Rock
Many of us women experience some finger swelling at certain times so probably a bit bigger would be a better side to err on.

Plus there are easy temporary fixes for larger rings and nothing like that if it is too small.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
On the other hand (ha) a ring that's just a little too large can actually come off and get lost, and that would be tragic! (I lost my mother's wedding ring.
15.gif
Long story.)

However, as Tessa said, there are temporary solutions with too-large settings. Just be careful.
1.gif

-Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results