shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Ring "Care" Question???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kvisconti2002

Rough_Rock
OK, me and my fiance were worrying about the bottom of the platinum engagement ring getting scratched and looking dull. Is there some kind of protective covering or some type of invisible covering available to protect the bottom of a ring from damage. If so, a website or company name would be helpful. Thanks alot for any help and responses, i really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We are not aware of any way to prevent scratching the bottom of your ring, however a quick trip by your local jeweler to have the ring polished every couple of months will keep it looking shiny and new and give them the opportunity to check your prongs for metal stress and wear!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wouldn't just worry about the bottom of the ring (although that'll probably take the most abuse). The whole ring scratches kinda easy. I've heard of some people putting clear coat nail polish on the ring with a degree of success. I've never personally done it but it may be worth a shot to see if it does work. Otherwise do as Robin has suggested.

Rhino

Rook

Shiny_Rock
The whole beauty of platinum is the "patina" look that it takes. Of course it will looked scratched for a few months, but if you leave it alone, eventually the scratches will blend together to give it a wonderful antique luster.

If you constantly have it buffed into a shin, it will constantly looked scratched.

IMO.

photogold

Rough_Rock
It's a losing battle to try to fight scratches on platinum. Get used to it. Try letting it develope a patina as was previously suggested. If you don't like the way that looks, you can always have it polished to look like new.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results