shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

Have any of you ever heard of platinumjewelers.com? I think I have found the wedding ring I am looking for, since the second I saw it it''s the only ring I keep thinking about. But before we shell out all that money, I would like to make sure they are reputable, etc. Anyone heard of them? Thanks in advance!

And here''s the ring:

*M*

Rennaissance platinum band.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody? Or anybody know if I can find customer feedback with online jewelers?? Thanks!

*M*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried looking on this site? http://www.bbb.org/

I tried looking, but as I don''t know where the company is I can''t say for definite if they have a satisfactory record there. One of the Platinum Jewelers firms has an unsatisfactory record due to unresolved customer complaints. You would need to look yourself if you know where they are located.

I find it a little bit concerning that they don''t give an address on their website - there is only a phone number and email facility.

Maisie

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 11:55:43 AM
Author: Maisiebelle
Have you tried looking on this site? http://www.bbb.org/

I tried looking, but as I don''t know where the company is I can''t say for definite if they have a satisfactory record there. One of the Platinum Jewelers firms has an unsatisfactory record due to unresolved customer complaints. You would need to look yourself if you know where they are located.

I find it a little bit concerning that they don''t give an address on their website - there is only a phone number and email facility.

Maisie
Thank you so much Maisie, that was just what I was looking for, but didn''t even know it existed! I looked them up (had to use the area code, geesh!) and the company had an unsatisfactory record and six recent complaints.
8.gif
I really loved that ring and now have to start all over again. Thank you for the link!

*M*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really glad I could help! What a narrow escape! I am sure there will be better places to buy from. I know there is a company I have seen online but I can''t remember the name..... I will keep thinking as I am sure you will get a ring near enough exactly the same as the one you showed on your post.

I will be back!
9.gif

Maisie

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've found the one I was talking about.... its at the bottom of the page. Its very similar to the one you showed on your post.

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

I have tried to check the company on the BBB website but its gone down for a while. I will check in a little while.
1.gif

ETA: This company has a satisfactory record with BBB and its a member too.

acbutk

Rough_Rock
I just had a stone set by Platinum Jewelers in Franklin, TN. I was aware of the BBB complaints before I purchased from them, but after meeting the owner and spending some time with them I went ahead and did business with them. I didn''t ask them about these complaints. The way I look at it, when you look at the number of complaints such a business receives, you must also consider their line of work and number of customers. Maybe I''m unique in this, but I''m happy trusting someone who has received six complaints out of no telling how many customers. They did good work for me, but I am no expert.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see your point but personally I wouldn''t be happy doing business with someone who has more than a couple of unresolved complaints. I wouldn''t mind if they had sorted the issues out. You can''t expect every business to be complaint free but if they don''t even try to sort things out it would put me off.

acbutk

Rough_Rock
You''re right. I wouldn''t work with a business that had bad marks if I couldn''t deal with them in person.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reputation is the most valuable thing a vendor has. Without a good reputation they might as well give up.

I have chosen my vendor based on their customer service. They aren''t without their small problems but they always fix them. Thats whats important to me.
1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Acbutk: I'm so glad your ring turned out well! The unresolved complaints was mostly what scared me off... well, that and another jeweler that I looked at hadn't had any complaints in the last 36 months, and they had 6 recent ones, so I guess that comparison scared me off as well.

Maisie: I love that ring on antique engagement rings. You are right, it is VERY close to what I am looking for! I worry that it may be slightly too wide, but the difference between 2 mm and 2.6 mm couldn't be all that much, could it? This is also another ring I am looking into. It's by Vancraeynest, but I will have to call and see if they make it in platinum.

*M*

ETA: For some reason the picture refuses to post, but here is the link, if you are interested... http://www.vancraeynest.com/bangle.html

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:59:51 PM
Author: poptart
Acbutk: I''m so glad your ring turned out well! The unresolved complaints was mostly what scared me off... well, that and another jeweler that I looked at hadn''t had any complaints in the last 36 months, and they had 6 recent ones, so I guess that comparison scared me off as well.

Maisie: I love that ring on antique engagement rings. You are right, it is VERY close to what I am looking for! I worry that it may be slightly too wide, but the difference between 2 mm and 2.6 mm couldn''t be all that much, could it? This is also another ring I am looking into. It''s by Vancraeynest, but I will have to call and see if they make it in platinum.

*M*

ETA: For some reason the picture refuses to post, but here is the link, if you are interested... http://www.vancraeynest.com/bangle.html
I don''t think the difference will be very noticible between 2 and 2.6 but maybe it will affect durability? I don''t have a platinum ring (yet!) so I can''t advise - maybe someone else could chime in.

I looked at the link you gave - their rings are gorgeous! Very unusual and pretty. I would definitely see if they can do one in Plat for you.
1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Good news, they DO make them in platinum (as well as yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold). I emailed them to see if there is a retailer that carries them near me, but from what I've found so far, it looks like the closest thing is going to be New York... eep! I will have to wait for them to email me back though. But now I am wondering about sizing... I take a 3 3/4, but like my rings looser so will probably get a 4. However, I don't want the ring to become to small in the future and then they wouldn't be able to size it up or something, so I don't know if I should go even bigger and get 4 1/4. Any thoughts? Anyone have a problem like this with their ring later on? Thanks!

*M*

And here is a ring for everyone to see without a link:

vancrayenest3.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yey that they can do them in Platinum! Thats great!
9.gif

My wedding band is slightly too big. It doesn''t bother me as its plain and doesn''t matter if it twirls round my finger. My ering keeps it in place. I would probably go slightly larger if it was me just incase your fingers change in the future.

Maisie

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yes,

I think I am going to get either a 4 or 4 1/4. But I talked to the jeweler and he is VERY nice and I told him that I have another store I want to check out that was recommended to me by my boss, and he thought that was a very good idea. Luckily DH said I could get whatever I wanted, so it''s up to me, but he said he likes the Van Craeynest band as well. So hopefully I can come to a final decision soon.

*M*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Van Craenest is extremely fine quality and very expensive as well. If I were buying a wedding ring from them, I'd buy it a little big to allow for your ring size changing over the years. Use sizing beads if necessary. Also, they will help you if you don't have a retailer locally. Just ask.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 10:28:55 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Van Craenest is extremely fine quality and very expensive as well. If I were buying a wedding ring from them, I''d buy it a little big to allow for your ring size changing over the years. Use sizing beads if necessary. Also, they will help you if you don''t have a retailer locally. Just ask.

Yes, I am trying to get over the expensive part, but I don''t want to ever have to get another wedding ring again, like I do this time. How much bigger do you think I should get the ring to allow for size changing over the years? Can you take the sizing beads out later if it gets to be too small? And yes, Larry, who I spoke with, said that he would be more than happy to send me something since there are NO retailers out here at all. Mickey Roof carries them, but she is all the way in New York, so that''s a bit of a drive, haha. I hope maybe I can find something less expensive at the next jeweler I visit, but I truly do love that Van Craeynest piece... I have since I first saw it about a year ago, lol!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results