shape
carat
color
clarity

Plans after reception

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Some people I know have gone straight to the airport and off to their honeymoon.

Some couples have an after-party and party the rest of the night away with their friends.

Some couples spend the night just the two of them at a hotel.

You get the idea! So what are your plans?

Right now, I'm thinking we are going to have an after-party since we'll be right in the middle of the city with lots of places to go.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
We will be staying at the mansion with 24 close friends and family, having breakfast together the next day, then going on a mini-moon to Scotland for 5 days.

Our proper honeymoon isn't until October (waiting for better weather in the Maldives)

After party sounds great, but our wedding runs from 11 am to 2 am so I dont think we will have the energy to do anything but collapse in our beds upstairs!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a formal morning wedding and an afternoon reception on July 4th, so we went to fireworks with our nearest and dearest after the reception. It was so much fun! I wore my dress. ::)

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
We aren't normal because we're doing a destination wedding so we'll already be on the honeymoon as soon as we say our "I do's" and our reception isn't until almost two weeks after we become Mr & Mrs.

But if we were doing a normal wedding at home we would probably wait a few days before leaving. Our friends are having an after party at a hotel with friends following their wedding. I can't wait :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm, I think our reception will probably go to 1 am or so and at that point I will want to go to bed!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our reception is going until 12:00am... then the shuttle takes everyone to the hotel, from 12:30-2:00 we will be with all our nearest and dearest at the hotel bar :bigsmile:

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
We have a lot of people out of town coming in that are big partiers. The reception is until 11pm.. We all planned on going to our one groomsmans restaurant/bar (a very popular hangout for people our age) in the area for the rest of the night. Its in the downtown bar and easy for everyone to get back to their hotel at the end of the night. I am so excited !

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Getting on a cruise ship with most of our guests. Our wedding is at 10am and the brunch reception will be wrapped up by 12:30pm.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Off to a hotel to spend our wedding night in their honeymoon suite and back to real life the next day.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We had an after-party at the hotel bar where we were staying. We socialized there until about 1 am, at which point I felt like I couldn't remain vertical any longer, so DH and I went up to our suite and went to bed--which is not to say that we went to sleep right away ;)).

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I haven't worked out my exact timeline yet. We're getting married on a Sunday afternoon in July. Our venue is actually giving us an after party which is a bonfire down on the beach. But we have to be off the beach by midnight, so I think I'll have the reception end at 10. Then we have a suite at the resort for our wedding night. :love:

If the weather doesn't permit for the bonfire, they have another room we can use for an after-party.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, a bonfire sounds like such fun!

Our reception has to end at 11pm. We have a shuttle heading back to the hotel, so I was thinking if people wanted to head over to the hotel bar, that would be easy. But definitely more of a "word of mouth" thing than something planned we have to attend. I want the option of just heading back to the suite with the groom!

Our reception is ending at 11:30, after that we are going bar-hopping. There are literally a dozen bars within 10 blocks of our venue, so we will do a word of mouth thing to come join us for some more drinks and fun! And I bought an after-reception dress so I can party it up and not worry about anyone stepping or spilling my wedding gown.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm not one for bar hopping in a wedding dress. I also am so looking forward to a little alone time that night! I think we will leave our reception 30 minutes or so before it ends, and head to the hotel or B&B. We'll probably drive around the area for a little bit just to enjoy the vintage car we're renting. Once we get to our hotel we'll drink champagne, talk, and probably stay up late just the two of us. I think it's so romantic to leave this big party and then be together for a few hours.

The next morning my aunt is throwing us a brunch so we can celebrate again. :D

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We walked from our reception site to our hotel (about a 10 minute walk) through a big street festival (4th of July weekend). Went back to the hotel room and crashed (after some :naughty:, of course). Got up the next morning. Had breakfast at some greasy spoon restaurant and hit the road to celebrate the 4th of July at my parent's lake house with some family friends. Excellent weekend.

A

Anonymous

We'll probably party a bit with some of my FI's friends after the reception. We just have a local B&B room for the wedding night and I suspect it will be late when we finally are alone...so we'll see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results