shape
carat
color
clarity

Plan B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
I proposed to my girlfriend of 2 years on April 30, 2004 in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. She said yes!

I had hoped to propose while in route to Ft. Lauderdale from Jacksonville on our Southwest Airlines flight. I had made arrangements with the Southwest gate manager to help me with my plan. I ordered a dozen roses with my proposal written out on the card and had proflowers.com deliver the roses to the Southwest Airlines ticket counter in Jacksonville. The gate manager said he would deliver the roses to the flight attendants on our flight. The plan was for me to touch base with the flight attendants on the flight who would deliver the roses to my girl friend. After she read the card, I would take a knee and present the ring that was in my briefcase.

That was the plan; however things did not work out exactly as planned. I was unable to touch base with the flight attendants on the flight as there were a lot of thunderstorms in Florida that day and the seatbelt light was never turned off. I actually did try to talk to one of the flight attendants but when I got back to the galley, I was told that I had to return to my seat since the seatbelt light was on. As nervous as I was at the time, I headed back to my seat without any discussion.

So what began as a nervous flight got even more nerve wracking as I tried to work out plan B. My girlfriend thought it was funny how quickly I drank my beer on the flight (if she only knew).

When we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale I asked the flight attendants if there were some flowers delivered to the plane for me. They handed me two large boxes each containing a dozen flowers (there had been some difficulty in arranging the proper delivery date with proflowers.com and they ended up accidentally duplicating the order but not doubling the charge to my credit card). While my girlfriend thought that it was a bit strange that I stopped on the way off the plane, she did not seem that surprised when I came up behind her on the jet way with two boxes of flowers in addition to our carry on bags. She later explained that she figured I had ordered flowers for my mom for her birthday (the reason for going to Ft. Lauderdale) and that I ordered flowers for her as well so she would not feel left out!

After getting off the plane I was trying to figure out how to best salvage my plans. I ended up directing her towards a seat at gate B1 and suggested that she open one of the boxes for flowers. After opening the flowers she commented on how lovely they were and laughing that now she knew why I was not concerned when she was not able to buy flowers for my mom before leaving Jacksonville. I chuckled and suggested that she read the card with the flowers. As she read the card in noticed her hands begin to shake and some tears, black with mascara, beginning to drip from her cheek. At that point I dropped to my knee and pulled the ring out of the briefcase opened the box and presented it to her. Somewhere amongst the tears she said yes!

Gate B1 was not being used at this time so the proposal was not as public as it might have been if things had gone as originally planned. There were two ladies across the aisle who watched the whole thing. They immediately wanted to know what her answer was and insisted on seeing the hardware before we left for baggage claim.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Even though it didn't go exactly as you had planned, it still sounds like it was so sweet and memorable!

Congrats on your engagement! Best wishes to you both.

Cheers!
Sarah

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Love the term "hardware"...may be my favorite new term.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
How Sweet! Congrats to you & Best Wishes to your new fiancee!

So, how'd she like the ring.
9.gif

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
She loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results