shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain platinum band?? Can you wear 2 bands??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.... I purchased the Tacori ring below. I really wanted to buy the matching band but I can''t afford it right now. I have 2 questions and hopefully I can get some feedback here. Would a plain platinum band be OK???? Not sure it if people do that. Do people ever wear 2 bands?? I was hoping that I can save up for the matching band and give it to her later... but at that point the bands wouldnt match. I am confused.... help

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/multi_view.php?styleNo=2616RD65

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES, people wear 2 bands and NO they do not have to match at all! Sounds like a plan - good luck!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can wear whatever makes YOU happy!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have to give her a band now? Are you newly proposing?

The only reason I ask, is that I run into tons of men who think you have to buy "the set" when you propose. If you''re just newly proposing, I would offer the engagement ring, and then ask her opinion on whether she wants to have a plain band, or the matching band for the wedding, assuming there''s a bit of time in between.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response everyone. Our wedding is set for May. We have taked about getting married for awhile now and finally shored up a date a few months back. I told her that I didnt want to officially ''ask'' her to marry me until I could get her a ring. To her she didnt even want one... to me it means everything. I saved all I could and bought her the ring she always wanted, the Tacori that I linked to above. Being a novice to all this and learning as I went, I didnt realize the wedding ring would be so expensive and I can''t afford it right now. With the cost of the wedding and all everything else, it''s just not possible to get her a band that matches the beauty of that ring. This is where I am. I know that the matching band is amazing... and I was trying to find less expensive ways to match it but I think I am failing. This is why I was wondering if a plain platinum band in a 2mm or 3mm would be OK??? And maybe down the road I can buy her the matching band to put on the other side.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t catch which tacori ring you went with, but I do know that one of my favorite Tacori rings on pricescope just got paired with a plain platinum band and it looks fabulous! I think it''s a great idea to get her the plain one now and get her the matching one at a later date. It makes for an easy anniversary present down the road!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring! I think that will look lovely with a plain platinum band, and stacking rings are incredibly popular - you could always get the matching band as a 1 yr. anniversary present.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:46:05 PM
Author: Circe
Gorgeous ring! I think that will look lovely with a plain platinum band, and stacking rings are incredibly popular - you could always get the matching band as a 1 yr. anniversary present.
Great idea. I think a plain band will look lovely.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a plain band would be fine. My hubby and I couldn''t afford the diamond band I wanted when we got married and we went with a plain band. he ended up getting me the diamond band for an anniversary present.

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Plain bands are classic, elegant and timeless.
You may just find that you will not be inclined to "upgrade" down the road...

Do whatever your heart indicates.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about a plain band with miligrain to match the edges of that beautiful ring!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I concur...a plain band would look lovely...milgrain would be nice too.
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think plain bands looks great! They are really great for days you want understated elegance and wear them alone.

If you''re an ebay guy and really want the matching band then check there. Overstock.com sometimes carries the bands too.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
I just got home from work and wanted to sign on to read all your comments. Thanks so much! I purchased my engagement ring from GOG and it arrived at the store today from Tacori.... it will be in route to me tomorrow :) So Marie over at GOG took a picture of the ring with a plain band. Let me know your thoughts

2616.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Marley - It''s fine. Nothing says married like a plain metal wedding band. Back in the day, the diamond studded bands were called "anniversary rings" because that''s when you got them.

Congratulations. Beautiful rings.
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 7:44:09 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Marley - It''s fine. Nothing says married like a plain metal wedding band. Back in the day, the diamond studded bands were called ''anniversary rings'' because that''s when you got them.

36.gif
I always wondered by diamond bands were called anniversary bands! So cool! Thanks flygirl for that little bit of info!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
marley, the ring is stunning (i hope we get to see more pics) and looks great with the plain band. I don''t think you have a thing to worry about.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
here is another pic of the ring

2616-1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a plain band would look lovely with that beautiful e-ring!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that ring looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL with the plain band! Nothing can beat the understated elegance of a beautiful plain band. I have quite a soft spot for them, myself!

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your opinions!! I''ll be picking up the ring after work today. We''ll also be shopping for a plain platinum band in the correct mm to match nicely. All thanks to the feedback from you all.

Although there are so many other days to propose, I will be doing it on valentines day :) We both generally aren''t a fan of that day but she would NEVER suspect it because it''s Vday. We''ll be spending the day in DC and will happen there.....somewhere

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:31:39 PM
Author: february2003bride
Date: 2/4/2009 7:44:09 PM

Author: Fly Girl

Marley - It''s fine. Nothing says married like a plain metal wedding band. Back in the day, the diamond studded bands were called ''anniversary rings'' because that''s when you got them.

36.gif

I always wondered by diamond bands were called anniversary bands! So cool! Thanks flygirl for that little bit of info!!

Yeah traditionally the diamond band is given either on the 1st anniversary or the birth of the first child whichever comes first ;-).

Marley the ring you picked is beautiful it is so intricate and pretty that a lovely plain band would look amazing next to it :).

I personally love contrasts in stackers :).

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 5:49:03 AM
Author: Marley2984
Thanks so much for your opinions!! I''ll be picking up the ring after work today. We''ll also be shopping for a plain platinum band in the correct mm to match nicely. All thanks to the feedback from you all.

Although there are so many other days to propose, I will be doing it on valentines day :) We both generally aren''t a fan of that day but she would NEVER suspect it because it''s Vday. We''ll be spending the day in DC and will happen there.....somewhere

I love that idea! I''m not a huge V-day person either, but it did occur to me while I was still waiting for it that it would be such a good way to throw me off guard. Good luck! (Although I''m sure you don''t need any luck
1.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results