shape
carat
color
clarity

Places to propose in Maui Need help fast

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Leaving this Sunday for a tuesday proposal, my initial plan was on the beach on mexico at the four seasons. Maui is a lot more congested will they have the private setting like mexico? I want something private so ideas are appreciated.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you staying in Maui??? Can you call ahead and speak to the concierge??? I''m sure he can arrange something special and private. Good luck and she is just going to be blown away by that ring. I remember it well. Good luck and best wishes.
1.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
The Four Seasons in Maui is not private at all. The Ritz Carlton has a beautiful view, expansive grass, and a pretty deserted beach.

You can also rent a helicopter that deposits you on the top of Mount Haliakala (sorry- totally messed up on the spelling), leaves you for about an hour, and then picks you up- and you can choose to have a chef prepare your meal in front of you, or they pack you an awesome gourmet picnic.

My advice is to buy one of the Maui travel guides and look for the smaller beaches- they are usually much more deserted.

Good luck!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I was just in Maui this summer and it is beautiful, and there are lots of quiet little places you go. Just walking down the beach at sunset is beautiful. Waliea is nice but I would go farher down south, just outside the beach at Maui Prince Hotel is amazing! The chefs at the four seasons will do a private dinner at the beach, with only a days notice.

Another suggestion is at Mamas Fish House. The name sounds casual, but it is a beautiful fine dining Polynesian restaurant (a little pricey, but amazing). There is a beautiful beach out front, with tiki torches and it really is just about perfect. Make reservations in advance if you do it here. But it would be nice to go for a nice early dinner and then after dinner propse outside on the beach.

Also, the top of haleakala is amazing. We did the bike ride down it, it was amazing at sunrise, but if your doing the bike trip there is no time to yourselves. It isnt a bad trip riding up there.

Finally, there is a tour company called Hawaii Hiking Company, they do amazing rainforest waterfall hikes. Rich, the proprietor does most of them and he would surely help you out.

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
The Four seasons is booked on the night I need it. I really wante dto do it there. I have concierge working on some other places. Thanks for the advice.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
For our honeymoon last summer, we stayed in an ocean view suite at the Fairmont Kea Lani, right next door to the 4S...I actually think it''s a prettier hotel...all suites. You could also get a villa with your own private plunge pool...$2K a night though!!! Personally, for that ring, I''d be happy if you booked a tent at a campground!

klr
30.gif
prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results