shape
carat
color
clarity

PIX of my invitations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I downloaded pix of my invites this morning and just thought I'd share!! We used FunnyBuggy and made some changes to customize a pre-existing design. They turned out beautifully, exactly what I envisioned... but it took a while to get there!
26.gif

The envelopes were done in computerized calligraphy, in dark purple ink (return address on back too)... I LOVED how they looked (well, without the blurred out parts
3.gif
). Inner envelopes were done in the same style, but I didn't get any pix of those. The color is a tiny bit off in these, but the folder is a dark eggplant, the ribbon is black satin, and the printing was done in black and lilac:

EphInvite1.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
First view...

EphInvite2.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Opening the folder.... as you can see, main invite on the middle panel and enclosures secured with a black satin bow on the right. Sorry for all the shadows!

EphInvite3.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
All the enclosures... the spacing is a little wonky on the smaller one, but whatever... I''ve vowed not to get caught up in the details!

EphInvite4.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Reply card and envelope... pre-addressed and stamped by FunnyBuggy. They also did ALL assembly (bows and everything) and the computerized calligraphy, for a really fair price... I was definitely happy with the total cost.

EphInvite5.jpg

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Do you mind me asking how much it was per invite? They look beautiful, I am thinking of doing something similar. I might go the DIY route, but I will need at least 150 invites, so if the costs are similar, I might just order them pre-made. Thanks!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
they look awesome!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks wonderful! I like your separate card for the website, never even thought of that! Pretty font too!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 9:50:04 AM
Author: lehcarm
Do you mind me asking how much it was per invite? They look beautiful, I am thinking of doing something similar. I might go the DIY route, but I will need at least 150 invites, so if the costs are similar, I might just order them pre-made. Thanks!
Thanks! We ordered 150 too, so I knew it wasn''t going to be cheap... but I was actually pleasantly surprised at keeping it around $1000.

Cost for each invite (includes folder, outside seal, main invite, reception card, reply card, reply card envelope, ribbon, inner and outer envelopes, and return address printing) was $5.25 for 150+. Really fair for a folder-style invitation, especially since that included all those components AND all assembly.

Cost for computerized calligraphy was $1 for inner and outer envelopes (25 cents for inner, 75 cents for outer) and no extra fee for doing it in 2 different fonts with purple ink.

Fee for pre-stamping the reply cards was $10 + cost of stamps, and adding an extra enclosure was $1/each.

Total cost: I think $1140?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Robbie!!

Date: 3/30/2007 10:03:17 AM
Author: dixie94
Everything looks wonderful! I like your separate card for the website, never even thought of that! Pretty font too!
Ahhh, the website card.... I know we're breaking ALL kinds of etiquette rules by giving our website instead of printed driving directions, but it was just getting too complicated to figure out where everyone would be coming from and what hotels they were going to and whether they would be coming directly to the church or the hotel first and whatnot. We wanted everyone to know about accomodations, local activities, and brunch on Sunday too.... and our website has all of that. And we couldn't think of anybody invited who doesn't use the internet.....

But I'm sure somebody somewhere is saying "awwwww, she isn't supposed to do that....."
31.gif
So I appreciate your vote of confidence!!
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous idea putting in a card referring people to a website with more information. That also solves the etiquette issue of notifying people of your registry location (or not).

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love them! What am I saying, I ADORE them! We''re doing our invites ourselves, but I''m sooo bookmarking this for reference!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
They look beautiful!!!!!! Gorgeous actually!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous! Love the rich color and beautiful layout!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
your invitations are so unique i love them...who did you get them done by?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re lovely!!!!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice...I love how it is all compacted together with the ribbon, rather than how some are just all envelope after envelope...just lovely - glad you are so pleased with them :}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I just thought of something that happened last summer and I thought you all would get a kick outta it - giggle...
My sister knows that Strm and my wedding will be as economical as possible, but she still has some of her ideas of how it should be...well, to try to help out as much as she could, she offered the rest of her thank you cards for us to use. Then the brain wave struck...and she declared, " I have some extra wedding invitations too if you would like to use them?!"
I looked at her like she had two heads - lol - and she was like, " Ok, you don''t have to use them if you don''t want too!"...almost hurt with me...then I started my fit of laughter and said, " Thank''s sis, I really do appreciate it, but I don''t think Strm would like it if I substitued for you and married my brother-in-law! and the date is only 10 years old!" Then she turned red and said, "oh yeah!"
She had forgotten that her wedding invitations had been done up professionally and had their names and wedding date on them - lol - I felt sooooooo good - my sister had the "Blonde day" instead of me - giggle :}
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They''re just beautiful, Eph!! I love the color combo!
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love them!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They are so elegant and I think they have finally sold me on using pocketfolds for my own.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE them! I''m hoping my invite list is small enough to be able to put pocketfolds in the budget, but my mom hasn''t finalized it yet. I was planning to DIY, but you got a great deal! Maybe the "little birdy" will have to tell my mom about it!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Thank you so much guys... I stressed over these invites for so long, I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't turned out okay!!
32.gif
I couldn't even bring myself to look at them when they first arrived... I was so convinced there was going to be something wrong and all my hopes crushed.
6.gif
26.gif

I went back and forth about pocketfolds too... thought about having invites and inserts made, then doing my own pocketfolds... or just not doing them at all. Since this is more of a folder without a pocket, it was somewhat of a compromise... and I loved the look of the seal on the front and ribbon holding the enclosures inside... it just seemed a bit different from standard pocketfold invites. I created the flourish part of the design (on my trusty Adobe InDesign program!), since the one on her original design was a bit more ornate than I wanted.

And I was SO pleased with the envelopes... part of the reason I went with FunnyBuggy was because of the computerized calligraphy option, and I am so glad I did... made my life much easier!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful! Congrats!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ephemery, just wanted to say your invites are beautiful! I love the purple theme.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
HI Eph-

I just thought of a question I have for you. Did you have an inner envelope? I am doing pocketfolds (a bi-fold style- just like yours) as well, and I am debating on whether I should eliminate the inner envelope and put the guests names on the front of the actual invite (on the belly band), or the other option is to use an inner envelope and put the guests names on that and then just put our monogram w/wedding date or whatever on the outside (almost like what you did- I think). That's why I wanted to ask you, I really thought you would be a great person to get input from on this... I am having a tough time deciding....

Thanks so much!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, those invites are HOT!!! Fantabulous job!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 10:34:24 AM
Author: Dani
HI Eph-

I just thought of a question I have for you. Did you have an inner envelope? I am doing pocketfolds (a bi-fold style- just like yours) as well, and I am debating on whether I should eliminate the inner envelope and put the guests names on the front of the actual invite (on the belly band), or the other option is to use an inner envelope and put the guests names on that and then just put our monogram w/wedding date or whatever on the outside (almost like what you did- I think). That''s why I wanted to ask you, I really thought you would be a great person to get input from on this... I am having a tough time deciding....

Thanks so much!!
Hi Dani... we did have inner envelopes... it was part of the package for this particular invite, so we just added the computerized calligraphy to it (25 cents each) and sent her the names via an Excel spreadsheet. They were done in the same purple ink, and same font, as the outer envelopes. I hadn''t thought about doing the names on a bellyband... that would be fun and unique... as a guest, I''d like opening an invite and seeing my name on the bellyband! But maybe not quite as meaningful for single guests, if it just ended up saying "Mr. Smith and Guest"? Hmmm...

I did like having our names on the seal though... it seemed like it sort of pulled it all together. And I think it would like beautiful with a monogram and/or wedding date too!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Your invites are lovely! I really love the font that you chose, it''s classic but still modern at the same time.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 3:38:52 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 4/1/2007 10:34:24 AM
Author: Dani
HI Eph-

I just thought of a question I have for you. Did you have an inner envelope? I am doing pocketfolds (a bi-fold style- just like yours) as well, and I am debating on whether I should eliminate the inner envelope and put the guests names on the front of the actual invite (on the belly band), or the other option is to use an inner envelope and put the guests names on that and then just put our monogram w/wedding date or whatever on the outside (almost like what you did- I think). That''s why I wanted to ask you, I really thought you would be a great person to get input from on this... I am having a tough time deciding....

Thanks so much!!
Hi Dani... we did have inner envelopes... it was part of the package for this particular invite, so we just added the computerized calligraphy to it (25 cents each) and sent her the names via an Excel spreadsheet. They were done in the same purple ink, and same font, as the outer envelopes. I hadn''t thought about doing the names on a bellyband... that would be fun and unique... as a guest, I''d like opening an invite and seeing my name on the bellyband! But maybe not quite as meaningful for single guests, if it just ended up saying ''Mr. Smith and Guest''? Hmmm...

I did like having our names on the seal though... it seemed like it sort of pulled it all together. And I think it would like beautiful with a monogram and/or wedding date too!!

Thanks so much, Eph!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results