shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of 2.5ct round in Royal Crown setting ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Good Evening all,

I am trying to find out if anyone has seen a 2.5ct round Royal Crown setting and if so, could they post pictures. I am trying to decide on a setting and like both the x-prong and the Royal (mainly because of the 6 prongs).

If anyone has photos, please post them - thanks. Also, I have seen a 2.0 Royal Crown setting, but does it work for a 2.5ct as well ?

Thanks.

PS - check out ''cooldiamonds.com'' if you are looking for a great variety in settings... including a really cool Conran tension setting !!! Awesome inspiration to this awesome site - thanks all for keeping up the great work on this site (I am days from completing my purchase).
10.gif
10.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Or send some to me or post some in the "show me the ring" forum ?????

Thanks again.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Anyone ? ... I am trying to find out if it is too big before I buy it ?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know for sure, but my guess is a 2.5 wouldn't fit into a 2.0 setting and this is why I think so. I am upgrading my diamond from a 1.04 to a 1.34 and we are having to have the entire head of my Vatche royal crown setting redone.
Thats only a 30 point difference. But, I would think that Vatche would make you a setting to fit the diameter of your stone. Contact the person you are interested in buying the setting from and ask them if your stone will fit or if Vatche can provide a setting for you.
GOOD LUCK

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Final Cut,

I am sure the Vatche' Royal Crown ring is also made for a 2.50 ct round. The one in the picture is for a 1 ct. A picture of the ring is here:

http://www.whiteflash.com/wardrobe/details.asp?Page=1&PriceFrom=0&PriceTo=999999&ItemCode=DV-921pt100b&category_id=27&mail_submited=0&MailTo=&MailNote=&PrType=1&Type=Gold&act=additem&VID=&RingSize=&sitetype=wardrobe

Of course there is a slightly higher price for the ring with a larger diamond. The rings are made for the larger diamonds. Also the X-prong can be made for a 2.50 ct.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
All,

Thanks for the good info - actually whiteflash is really good and have been inquiring for me on this - Thanks Denise !!!

The issue I have is that I have not seen the diamond and setting together and I get the sense that the x-prong is lower set and may therefore look less 'fake' with the 2.5ct stone ? I am just trying to get a sense of the proportions...

Thanks.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Final Cut, what did you mean by looking less 'fake'?

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hey,

re - the 'less fake' comment - if I get a 2.5ct round set really high in the Royal Crown (as opposed to lower in an X-prong) it may look more like "fashion glass jewellery" because of the size of the stone - do you think this should be a concern for me ?

Thanks to everyone here on Pscope - this is just such a great site !

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I also was going to have my 'almost' 2 carat stone re-set into either one of those two settings & have the same concern over the Royal Crown looking too high...maybe you could actually e-mail DVatche with a request for a photo that would show a larger stone in their settings so that you could decide.

Or, check their store locator. I know in California, Robbins Bros carries a large selection. They offered to get the correct size settings in so that I can check the look with a cubic zirconia (since mine is still set).

Hope this helps!
10.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
caratgirl,

I have emailed already - will post here when I get the pics (if I get the pics)...

later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results