shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures following snowstorm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Our offices are closed today due to the parking lot not being cleared well enough... I guess. Most roads seem fairly ok now. I''d guess we had 20 - 24 inches by Sunday morning. Fortunately, most people stayed in during the storm and we weren''t terribly busy at the fire department. I think I ran 4 calls on the fire engine and 2 ambulance calls during the storm. By Sunday morning, the snow stopped so I went out and blazed a path through the snow to take some pictures. I was out for 5 hours and probably walked 2 miles through snow up to my knees. Since I can''t go to work today, I thought I''d share some pictures...

snow_1.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
It was windy so much of the snow had already blown off the tree branches.

snow_2.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
The snow made it tough for the animals to hide. Most were out foraging for food and I guess didn''t expect to see an idiot with a camera out there...

snow_3a.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Hey... my nose is cold!

snow_4.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
The deer were a little more graceful than me going through the snow.

snow_5.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
OK, a lot more graceful!

snow_6.JPG

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''ve been spotted!

snow_7.JPG

shine4me

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Its a winter wonderland! I know you probably get tired of seeing snow since you may get it all the time but snow is a rarity here on the coast so at least I can enjoy it thru pictures. Enjoy your day off and thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Yup... pretty sure I''ve been spotted.

snow_8.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful pictures, thanks so much for sharing!!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Yup... I think the red jacket gave me away. That or this girl was practicing for pulling a sleigh on Christmas Eve.

snow_8a.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, thanks for sharing!
36.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Snow and cattails... looked kind of pretty to me.

snow_9.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Treefrog your pictures are incredible, I am in awe of them!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you for sharing the magnificent wildlife and scenery; you are a fabulous photographer!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely pics Treefrog. They really are beautiful!!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks shine4me! Definitely a Winter wonderland and I''m blessed to have such a location just a couple of miles away from where I live. No, I really don''t get tired of seeing snow. Maybe if I lived in Montana but we get just about enough here to make me happy (and grab my camera to go exploring).

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Treefrog

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lorelei and Tuckins1! I wasn''t sure if there''d be much interest but I decided to post them to see. Glad you liked them.

Skippy, you are too kind. Thanks so much!

Kaleigh, thank you.

I never know what''s in store for me when I go out with my camera but I had a great time and I am glad you''re enjoying them.

Treefrog

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lovely pictues! (although my favorite pics you''ve posted and your wedding pics by far!) enjoy your day off!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Amazing photos Treefrog!!! Thanks so much for sharing. No snow where I am so it is lovely to share your winter wonderland. Did you take those with your Canon DSLR?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful pics.
Thanks so much.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Great pics! I love the one of the bird!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, look at that deer. So cute!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 1:00:14 PM
Author: Squirrly
lovely pictues! (although my favorite pics you''ve posted and your wedding pics by far!) enjoy your day off!
Thanks so much squirrly! It was a little warmer (by 70 degrees
23.gif
) for the wedding pictures. Glad the wedding wasn''t here!

Treefrog

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous shots, and what a beautiful little deer!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 1:06:17 PM
Author: Sundial
Amazing photos Treefrog!!! Thanks so much for sharing. No snow where I am so it is lovely to share your winter wonderland. Did you take those with your Canon DSLR?
Thanks Sundial! Yes, they were taken with my Canon DSLR... and a tripod and a big lens!

You''ll have the convenience of putting your camera in your purse though and having it with you more often. You won''t be disappointed.

Treefrog

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks kenny!

sunnyd - the birds were cute. I guess after a day of not eating, they weren''t shy about me being there. They were all around me and seemed to be having a good time finding food. It''s hard to tell from that little pic but it''s beak is totally covered in snow. Speaking of cute, that smilie of yours is too cute!

Thanks MC and MonkeyPie! There are so many deer around I sometimes get tired of photographing them. The snow adds an element I don''t usually have so I had to go out and see what I could do. What I really would like is a picture of a red fox in the snow. I''ll keep trying!

Treefrog

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the bird and the deer!!

It looks so pretty. I''m missing the snow
7.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
What amazing pictures! I love the wildlife shots, and the glistening snow looks so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results