shape
carat
color
clarity

pics of proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nc2tarheels

Rough_Rock
ok i''m in the process of coming up with my own idea for a proposal. It''s not going to be public but more of a private proposal. Probably outside somewhere. I haven''t came up with all the details. My question is, have any of you hired a photographer to take pictures??? She wouldn''t want a crowd around so maybe hire a photographer to be set up away from the actual place i''ll kneel but close enough so he can zoom in and take pics. I don''t want to pull out a camera and start snapping cause i wanna cherish that moment instead of looking at it through my own camera and taking pics. My mom has a GREAT camera and i know it''d be cheaper if i got someone else to take pictures of it but she''s the shy type of girl and would prefer someone she doesn''t know. hehe. i know that sounds dumb but she''d like to be the only one that experiences that moment (other then i). Are they expensive to hire a photographer for those pix taken over that 5 minute span or so?? Or is there a way i could incorporate my moms camera in and just save the $$?

holdendog

Rough_Rock
You have a couple of options, if you can find an overlook then hide someone there. I would, however ask someone you know, that she doesn't and if it's a place that they could be taking their own pictures (a park, forest, historical place, campus, etc.) then it's just a stranger who is incidentally taking pictures. They can look out of the corner of their eye and when you drop to your knee they snap away at you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
If she is shy & more private, I'd ditch the camera idea all together. The moment is usually etched in your mind. My then to be did take the camera with him & took a few shots of the day - but not the proposal. I cherish the photos of the day. And, remember the proposal in my mind.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Fire & Ice. I have never really heard of anyone taking pictures at a proposal EVER, until PriceScope. Not one person. T

IMHO, pictures happen best when you are not wildly screaming, when you have both eyes open, when you are looking at the camera and can safely say this is a picture I would like to frame. Who frames a picture of themselves being surprised and maybe even odd looking expression on their face and possible far away. You see half a face, or something.

After you get engaged, dress up, got to Sears or a photographer and just get some lovely professional shots taken with her new ring. But if you are dead set on getting her on film, I suggest do it digitally, so you can post it on weddingchannel or whatever you guys do, send it to friends. Go figure. I would HURT my BF for taking pictures like that on the fly, but would always cherish the memory, and even keep the champagne cork or any other paraphenalia of the night. I'm sentimental. Good luck either way!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:04:09 AM Nicrez wrote:

IMHO, pictures happen best when you are not wildly screaming, when you have both eyes open, when you are looking at the camera and can safely say this is a picture I would like to frame. Who frames a picture of themselves being surprised and maybe even odd looking expression on their face and possible far away.
After you get engaged, dress up, got to Sears or a photographer and just get some lovely professional shots taken with her new ring. ----------------

Personally, I think candid moments make for the best pictures. Pictures posed for in a studio never have the same spark, especially if you are talking about a proposal. Not all pictures need to be framed, although I think candid photos can make for good "framing pictures". All the pictures from my wedding that I chose to frame have been candid moments.

Unlike F&I, I really don't remember all the details of my proposal! It wasn't even THAT long ago. It's such a blur in my mind! Of course I remember the big stuff, but the little details are gone. My huband took the time to set up a beautiful breakfast table and he made a fake cake that my ring was hidden in. If it weren't for the pictures that he took, I would not remember what all that looked like. There's even a picture of me totally crying. I really love that picture because it shows my happiness in a way that a posed picture never could.

I think it's a great idea to have pictures of the proposal. The idea to have one of your friends, that your GF does not know, take the pictures sounds like a great idea! Also, you might want to have a friend take a picture from afar and leave without disturbing you guys. If she is really that shy/private, you can have the photographer meet you with the film at a later time.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 12:29:51 PM sumi wrote:

----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:04:09 AM Nicrez wrote:

Unlike F&I, I really don't remember all the details of my proposal! It wasn't even THAT long ago. It's such a blur in my mind! --

Here's where this works in *my* favor. It' called short term memory loss, long term memory gain!
wink2.gif
9.gif
I would like to remember what I had for breakfast though.
6.gif
9.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
I've been slightly contimplating a hidden video. It has similar pros and cons. It would be nice to watch a few years down the road, but not sure if it is feasible to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results