shape
carat
color
clarity

Picnic Themed Shower Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Along with my mom and aunt, I am throwing a shower for my cousin''s fiance. My mom and aunt are really married to the idea of using her wedding colors (red, white, and black) which don''t really say ''spring shower'' to me. In brainstorming yesterday, I suggested a picnic theme... I am thinking about red and white gingham, red flowers in mason jars, strawberry shortcakes for dessert...

Has anyone seen a theme like this before or have ideas for food, decor, invitations etc. that would fit a picnic themed shower? or is this a bad idea? The bride has great taste and her house is meticulously decorated/pulled together. I would love to pull together a unique and beautiful shower for her.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
So sweet of you to throw a shower! I can see what you mean about the colors not really reflecting springtime but if they are set on the color then I think your ideas are very cute and it could work out great! You could really have fun having guests bring items to making up a great picnic basket as a gift, too (blanket, wine, gourmet foods, (also comfy folding chair for two - my husband and I keep ours in the trunk of our car, it''s awesome), Crate and Barrel has a cute roll-up picnic table, etc. How about a basket with games to play at picnics (frisbee, bocce ball, croquet, etc)? I''m just brainstorming here, but I am sure you could make this as casual or as elegant as you wanted with this theme. I think it sounds like fun!!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the ideas ahappygirl! I probably should have clarified: the shower will be indoors at my aunt''s church, so I am thinking picnic theme, without the actual picnic. Maybe I am crazy??

Here are some inspiration pics I found.

Gingham00001.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Martha Stewart''s version...

_343_Backyard_Picnic.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a fantastic idea. Really cute and girly without being pink and purple.

At my shower a few weeks ago, my bridesmaids arranged a game where they gave me an item for the honeymoon for each question I got right about my fiance. They called him before the shower to get his answers. I got a towel for knowing his favorite drink, sunglasses for remembering when I met his parents, suntan oil for knowing his favorite vacation spot, softlips chapstick for knowing when we had our first kiss, etc.

It was a lot of fun for everyone because it put me on the spot and gave a little history of our 7 year - relationship. Niether of us could remember when he first said "I love you," which gave a everyone a laugh. I got the question right since I gave the same answer that he did!

you could play a game like that except give her items to fill a picnic basket.

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
I think that it is a great idea!!! And it is something different, not like every other shower everyone will have been too.

I was in a wedding in Feb, and all the bridesmaids threw a couples shower last fall for the happy couple. We had fall colors, BBQ catered, but did the centerpieces with flowers in mason jars with ribbon tied around them. They were super cute!!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be great anywhere you have the shower - the games, etc were gift ideas - not for actually playing during the shower!
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that idea. The colours would be perfect for a picnic theme.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results