shape
carat
color
clarity

Picnic Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeedIdeas

Rough_Rock
Ok next week I am going to propose. I am going to do it by taking her on a walk in the forest. Meanwhile two of my friends are going to set up the picnic and then I am going to lead her to where it is all set up. One thing that I am wondering is what all should I have at the picnic? I was planning on having candles, music, roses, the ring in the middle, food and wine. Can anyone add anymore ideas to what I should have? What type of food should I prepare for the picnic? If you have any ideas to add to this idea please let me know. Thanks so much!

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
If you go with candles please be very, very careful. They're not allowed in many outdoors spaces around this time of year because of the extreme fire danger. You also don't want them to tip on the soft ground (or tilted ground) and set off your picnic, let alone the plants around!

As for food, strawberries are always a good choice... If you want to get fancy you can marinate them in several different kinds of things (including basalmic vinegar -- it's good!). I'd stick with things which aren't a disaster in terms of staining if they fall -- white instead of red wine, sandwiches which stick together (try pesto + thinly sliced good fresh tomato on lightly toasted sourdough (keeps the sandwiches from getting a big soggy), fruits which aren't /too/ juicy, and so on. I also tend to avoid foods that would spoil if they were room temperature, so good cheeses are ok, but I stay away from a lot of meats.

Don't forget lots of napkins, and a few cushions to sit on
1.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I'm afraid I don't have any food suggestions, but I love your idea. Won't she get suspicious if you guys come up on the picnic site already set up? Or are you proposing first?

reena

Ideal_Rock
I second the strawberries, and would suggest other "snack-y" items like cheese and crackers, summer sausage, hummus and pita, whatever. It will be a lot easier--both to prepare and to actually eat while sitting on the ground--than a regular full meal. plus, you'll both be so giddy that i doubt you'll eat that much!!!

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results