shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick the proposal trip!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jnt

Rough_Rock
Ok, I am proposing and want to throw a trip into it as well. Here are the choices I have came up with...feel free to suggest. Trip will be over a weekend.

1-NYC-fly and hotel, maybe a show. we have both been before but not together.
2-Cape Cod-fly, car, B&B, just relax, neither of us have been.
3-Finger Lakes-geneva / belhurst castle, drive and B&B. Relax, neither of us have been.
4-Toronto, relax, meander, neither of us have been.
5-Disneyworld, both of us have been, and this did not seem sensible, but, what the heck.

Also, if you can suggest something nice in the NY state area for a weekend in early september, chime up! No niagara falls please.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
That's a wide range. Don't you have an idea what she prefers? Would she like better a:

- Night on the town (show, fancy restaurant)?
- Beautiful scenery?
- Intimacy in a secluded local (outdoors)(moonlit stroll, beach, mountains, etc.)?
- Intimacy in a private local (indoors) (bubble bath, massage etc.)

You want to choose what she will find most romantic I would think.

jnt

Rough_Rock
Ok, I have decided.

Yes, jim, I know what she would like, all of the above. She is easy to please! We have talked about a lot of trips we will be making from WNY, I wanted to pick something we had not spoke about so Cape Cod it is.

I found a pretty nice B&B (actually very nice) and close to the national sea shore. Neither of us have been, so it will be fun. Free bikes too for exploring.

Now, all I have to do is get her on an early flight out of there into BOS and navigate my butt out of that airport to the cape at night.

The plan is ON!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been to any of those place, but I choose Toronto because that's a city that I'd love to visit.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Cape Cod! I had an amazing time out there (lived on the east coast for 4 months and went to CC every chance I got!). Good choice! My second choice would be Geneva, as it is GORGEOUS!!!

jnt

Rough_Rock
Both Toronto and the Finger Lakes region will be within 'normal day/weekend trip' range for us, so I wanted to do something a little further...hence the cape.

Only issue, I know I will regret only staying 48 hours there.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Actually, that's a substantial amount of time there. It's not a big area, so in two days you can see everything. Where are you staying? Did you consider Martha's Vineyard at all?

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 3:43:54 PM sumi wrote:

I haven't been to any of those place, but I choose Toronto because that's a city that I'd love to visit.----------------

It's a really cool city. My SO grew up and did his undergrad there, but I've only been once. If you Salsa dance, there's a "salsa congress" coming up with lots of workshops in October, so that might be a good excuse. One of the things I like about it is that it's very walkable -- lots and lots of people walk, which means people care about what happens in their neighborhood more. (I've lived in suburbs where people just go from place to place in their SUV, and don't notice things as much and aren't as involved).

There's really good food there, too, and reaaaally big bookstores. Those are always important
1.gif

jnt

Rough_Rock
Flying into boston, staying at Captain Freeman in Brewster. Will have a car there.

We might get on bikes and catch a morning ferry over to nantucket or martha's (for the proposal), I would REALLY like to get over to nantucket and watch the sun rise on the east beach, have breakfast on the beach, then ask her. But I know we might not get to the B&B till 11 so the chances of me getting her up for a early ferry are going to be not good.

Anyone know of any 'private' or not crowded beaches there???

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
Do it in NYC, and call me at stay at my hotel, www.hotel41.com

jnt

Rough_Rock
'your hotel'

what do you do there? Just being nosey.

As much as I like the idea of a NYC proposal, I think a more calm, quiet proposal is in order. She has been under a TON of stress with the move and residency and the city may not be her idea of relaxation right now...

Thanks for your kindness...

rosebud

Rough_Rock
Hi jnt,

I'm also thinking of the Cape Cod proposal. The B&B you chose looks great! Do you happen to know of any other good ones that don't require a three night say during the peak season?

-rosebud

jnt

Rough_Rock
Agggh Rosebud, right before I read your post I shredded my notes!!!!! So she would not find them!!!!

I have never been to the cape, but here is what I have learned in the past two days.

Hyannis and the southwestern areas tend to be more populated with stores.

Provincetown has a lot of same-sex couple, so if that bugs you be forewarned.

Beaches in the bay are tamer=more families.

I found a ton of places that don't have a 3 night minimum. I went to frommers.com, bedandbreakfast.com, fodor.com and searched their reccs.

Ashley Manor & Acworth (two properties) in Hyannis looked like good values.

Nauset House Inn and some other properties were around 200 a night in August and took less than three day rentals.

Give me a lead on what your looking for: Nightlife, quiet, walking distance to beach, privacy, old property, new property, small # of rooms, large resort, spa tubs, etc?

Honestly, Frommers.com capsules are the best source of info and contain links to the properties websites.

rosebud

Rough_Rock
Hi jnt,

I'm aiming for a July 31 proposal, so this is all sort of last minute. I hear that the Cape can be quite crowded this time of year and I'm definitely trying to find a more private place because of that. I guess my ideal is private and near the beach.

Thanks for all of the info! I'll look up your recommendations. I'm sure you have a lot on your mind already, so please don't go through any trouble for me.
1.gif

Thanks,
RB

jnt

Rough_Rock
Yes the cape is crowded till the time school starts. However, I spoke to the B&B today and they said there are beaches that are popular and beaches that are deserted...soooo, with that in mind...

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
I am the Concierge at Hotel 41 in Times Square...if you need anything let me know...

www.hotel41.com

carrieq

Rough_Rock
i TOO LOVE cAPE cOD...RELAXING, ROMANTIC, PERSONAL, SERENE. YOU CAN THEN WALK AROUND AND PICK OUT YOUR DREAM VICTORIAN HOME TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results