shape
carat
color
clarity

photos of the wedding dress my mom bought today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock

ok, not like I''m going to buy a different one any other day, but this is the wedding dress my mom bought me today. I had an appointment in a store and wanted to get one of the Demetrios Young Sophisticate dresses that has layers (style 2806, but I actually didn''t like the top). we were thinking of checking out of if that type of dress that suits me and then having it made. well, I tried on dresses with layers and they just made me look shorter and widened my hips. we then decided to look at the store next door, where we didn''t have an appointment, but they were happy to let me try on dresses and I actually found one with layers that suited me! actually, we were surprised how many models suited me, especially considering I am maybe 5''1" (155 cm) and that my tummy didn''t show! more simple dresses also looked great, but I really want to go for a different look.

anyway, I decided to go with this one and from now on I will stop looking at magazines and websites, except for the lovely dresses that you share on this website.

www.sinceritybridal.com

IMG_1652.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_1646.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
bottom

bottom_1651.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
behind

rear_1645.JPG

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
This dress looks beautiful on you! I love the way it looks from behind. You must be soo excited. I can''t wait to start looking for my dress. :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - what a dramatic and lovely dress. It suits your figure very nicely, and I''m sure you''ll be a lovely bride in it
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn''t see that back coming. It really suits your body and the color is so rich. I''m so happy you''re happy. It looks marvelous on you.
36.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful...I luv the way it looks on you. After the necessary alterations it will be a stunner. I just luv the color and the back is so dramatic. I really really luv the inset piece in the front with the sparkly fabric. That is just beautiful. Makes it so unique and different from the rest of the pick up styles....Congratulations1

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
how do I delete the above post? I think this is a better model photo from theknot.com

sincerity1.JPG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
noel, it''s gorgeous! congrats.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
uh... I just realized I didn''t try to sit in this dress nor did I think what I am supposed to do when I need to use the bathroom. guess I will have to try this all out before the big day and get my mother to take me to the bathroom like when I was little girl.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very regal looking! How lovely!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s very pretty!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that dress, it reminds of the fairy tale princess wedding gown I always wanted, just simply stunning and it looks amazing on you
36.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I was designated bathroom helper for my niece when she got married several years ago. She needed help everytime she went. Just plan ahead for help and who it will be and you will be fine....

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, very lovely!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 2:29:15 PM
Author: noelwr
uh... I just realized I didn''t try to sit in this dress nor did I think what I am supposed to do when I need to use the bathroom. guess I will have to try this all out before the big day and get my mother to take me to the bathroom like when I was little girl.

Haha, my daughter asked me the same thing. That''s what Mom''s are for. Don''t worry, you''ll be doing it for us when we get old.
31.gif

My daughter didn''t sit in her dress either. When we heard about that we were like "D''OH". Oh well, can''t be have as bad as having a huge hoop on like they did back in the day and when one sat, the whole front of the dress knocked you out in the face.
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
ETA: I like you the best...then the second pic with the first model. The second model is slouching in a very odd way...no likey

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress! That wrap style waist does wonder for the waist line, and the back is stunning!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 7:56:46 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Haha, my daughter asked me the same thing. That''s what Mom''s are for. Don''t worry, you''ll be doing it for us when we get old.
31.gif

HAHAHA, i love it! although...when i laughed at that, it came out kind of oddly because i''ve been sick all week; my FI looked over and, dead serious, said, "excuse me, did you just snort?" guess that whole ladylike thing''s just not for me.
11.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that back is amazing! I love the middle of it also.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
miraclesrule... thanks that you like it on me best! you are right about the 2nd model slouching, and the dress is too long for her. I just though the color is closer to what I chose.

oh and by the way... I actually bought a hoop skirt to wear under it! it lets the dress fall better (I think 2nd model also not wearing hoop skirt) and they say when you walk, the material won''t get caught between your legs. does that mean I don''t get to sit or pee at all???

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2008 5:32:58 AM
Author: noelwr
miraclesrule... thanks that you like it on me best! you are right about the 2nd model slouching, and the dress is too long for her. I just though the color is closer to what I chose.

oh and by the way... I actually bought a hoop skirt to wear under it! it lets the dress fall better (I think 2nd model also not wearing hoop skirt) and they say when you walk, the material won''t get caught between your legs. does that mean I don''t get to sit or pee at all???
You should call up Robbie, she wore a ballgown with hoops. She should be able to tell you more about what it''s like.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow! i love the back! that is going to be one intense bustle

congrats on finding a dress!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 2:40:02 PM
Author: Addy
Very regal looking! How lovely!

Ditto!
1.gif
36.gif

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
oh wow! that''s simply stunning and so unique! i love it! i also really love the color. will that be the color you''re going with too?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! It looks way better on you than on the model. And I adore the champagne color! It''s just so rich!

I was very worried about using the bathroom in my dress, but I slowed down my water intake and I didn''t need to go. Hopefully it won''t be an issue for you!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous dress - that back is stunning. I must say, though, be sure you get comfy shoes, because your feet are going to be carrying a lot more weight than usual that day!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see this amazing dress when it comes in and is tailored to fit you
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results