shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OK.. I don''t have a LARGE budget for my wedding and I am squeezing in a photographer. We want a more photojournalistic view of the wedding and reception.

Well, My question is... what is the average amount that is being paid for a wedding photographer and what does this include.? Thank for your help!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Photog prices will vary a LOT depending on your area. I''m in the midwest (NE), and a photog will range from $700 to $4000, depending on their experience, film vs digital, the package you get, etc. Our photog is photojournalistic and shoots all digital. Our package includes a CD of all images, online photo gallery, engagement sitting, and 8 hours of unlimited shots on the day of the wedding. The package is $800 with a 10% Friday wedding discount, but they''ve since increased their prices, and rightly so - they''re great! They''ve only recently started doing wedding photos, did video for several years though, so their prices were very low for the area when we booked them.

I hope that gives you some idea of what to look for. I''ll PM you our photog''s website.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I had trouble finding any decent photographer under $1500. any that were cheaper than that were total crap. I''m planning on spending about $2000 on mine..He is a bargain for how good his pics are.

My photographers $1600 package includes unlimited coverage, a 30 page album, (Actually we are getting 4 pages free, so probably a 34 page album) proofs on CD (800-1000 proofs!) , bridal portrait and engagement portrait sitting and proofs (not the prints.. except the one that gets sent to the paper), and two 8x10 prints and one 11x14. and also online sharing of 200 images is included

We are probably going to order parent albums and some extra prints as well, so thats why I''m factoring in the extra $400

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
My photographer is from Georgia. It cost us $1900 for eight hours of him being there with an assistant on the wedding day. The package included a engagement sitting, a picture for the paper announcing our engagement, a proof album, a wedding day album with 19 pages, five pictures, and a cd with pictures on it.

Our videographer was an additional $1,100. This was for a montage and he videotaped our rehearsal and wedding. He then put together a storybook video. It was great watching the reception.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am in hudson valley, NY. Our photographer is 2800...we get a pretty large album, unlimited shots taken during 8 hours of coverage w/ 2 photographers. A online photo montage, magazine preview album, 2 8x10''s and an engagement sitting w/ a free 8X10...although I do not see us actually taking these pics in the next 3 months!!
I could not find a photographer I felt comfortable with for under this price range..that''s a tough one

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey you guys are getting some great deals... everyone that I have looked at is OUTRAGEOUS in comparison. I live in NC and I am shocked by some of the prices... as well as how ''little'' we get for them.....

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Los Angeles, Cali. $3500. 1 photographer (I think, might have an assitant). Unlimited pictures. 400 physical proofs, everything on cds. Webpage with all the pics so people can order the photos directly from them instead of bugging us for copies. Engagement session at a beach (or somewhere else our choice) with @150 photos and some giant framed portrait shot (to display at the wedding). 30 page album. I think there''s a couple of parents'' albums. Some giant (20"+) framed portrait from the wedding.

errr, that''s all I can remember off the top of my head.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m located in Westchester county, NY. My photographer is from Manhattan, and the price is around $3000 for the following:
All Day Unlimited Coverage
Negatives and Proofs Included
Unlimited Color And/ Or Black & White Photographs Taken
Blended Styles: Journalistic, Candid, & Traditional
Photo Preview Proofs With Gift Box
Up To 40 Images In A 30 Page Bridal Album
Bridal Album Upgraded To Custom Leather Covers
One Hand Tinted Image In Bridal Album
One Sepia Tinted Image In Bridal Album
Three 5" x 7" Parent Albums With 20 Pictures In Each
Bridal Party 5"x7" Photos (1 Pose)
One 11" x 14" Portrait or One 16" x 20" Portrait
3 8"x10" Prints With Folders (usually given to parents)
75 Standard Thank You Cards With Envelopes
75 Wallet Photos

Excuse the formal lingo, i cut and pasted this straight from their website. They are www.celebrationstudios.com - they have some less expensive and more expensive packages. They have been a real pleasure to work with so far!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I''m in SF, and so the prices are super high. Decent photog is going to be at least 2k, Mine is going to be around 3k with a substantial discount, he is normally 4k+. I find 4k the norm in SF and LA area, for a good photographer with a decent package incl an album, proofs, lead photog + asst, and 5-7 hrs of coverage.

daisyblue

Rough_Rock
Codex57,
could you give me the photographers information. I am just starting to interview and am shocked at some of the prices. That sounds like a really good deal.
Thanks,
Daisyblue

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
our photographer shoots in a photojournalistic style. we are getting a package for $2750. with that comes:

unlimited hours and photos taken on wedding day
two photographers- one goes and photos the girls getting ready and the other the guys, then both photo the events
online proofing for 6 months
negatives & copyright release
preview album of all pics taken
bridal session
engagement session
bridal album with 60 photos in a custom leather album (we custom)
cd with all pics on it

in addition- with the online proofing for 6 months, anyone can purchase pics for themselves. and all pics can be made in color, black and white or sepia because they are digital.

here is her site.

hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results