shape
carat
color
clarity

Photobooth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
My photographer''s husband has a retro-style photo booth, outfitted with modern digital equipment, that they rent out for weddings. I thought it might be fun for people at the reception, plus would guarantee that we get pictures of everyone there.

Has anyone else had, or is anyone planning on having one? What do you think?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have one nor have I been to a wedding with one but it sounds AWESOME! If it won''t be too out of your budget I think you should go for it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like fun!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I would LOVE it.

I actually looked into the idea for our wedding, but costs were already bordering on ridiculous. It would have been realy fun to have, though.

ETA: I don't know if the photos print right away or not for your booth...if they do, perhaps you could find frames that would fit the photo strip as a favor? If not, consider sending copies to the people pictured in your thank you notes. Whenver possible we are sending photos from our photographer to the guests which are pictured.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That sounds amazing! Love it.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
A coworker of mine was just telling me about how she was doing this for her wedding. I think she was doing it in lieu of a guest book. I''m not sure who was to keep the pictures, but I just loved the idea of having a photo booth. It sounded like so much fun. She said that it cost them more than they anticipated, but she had her heart set on it.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
The guests get the photo on the spot to take home with them, and we get a CD of all the images afterwards. We can get a book made for an extra fee (reaonable). We get a 25% discount for booking both the photography and the photo booth (we have already booked the photography).

The frames are a pretty cool idea!

My mom was thinking we could get "dress up" articles of clothing. With meaning. For example, my grandfather''s hat, my aunt''s mink stole, etc. for people to use as props in the photos. Would that be cheesy? Or fun?

It''s not an insignificant amount of money, but a few other things have been below budget, so I think we have room. The thing I''m most interested in is having a record of everyone there...I know the photog won''t be able to capture 100 guests while still getting good shots of us.

This would be instead of having a videographer. I''m not that into video - hate the way I look/sound on it.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi basil...

A friend of mine just went to a wedding with a photo booth, and the pictures were adorable! They received a little card with 6 of their pictures on it, along with the bride and groom''s names and the wedding date. She said it cost them about $1700 to rent it for two hours, which included all of the photographs to the guests as well as copies (I think probably a CD) of all the photos the guests took. I think it sounds like a fabulous idea!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a wedding where they did something similar, and it was GREAT. They had an additional photographer set up in a corner of the reception hall with a black backdrop and lights, and people would just stop by and take pictures. They got a lot of really good casual shots and some nice posed ones too. The photog printed 2 copies immediately and gave one of them to the people in the photo in one of those black cardboard frame things, and one went in a book for the bridge and groom. Then everyone would write something and sign next to their pic in the book. The couple also got the CD of the photos.

The book turned out really great and seemed to inspire people much more than just writing in a guest book. I''m a big fan.
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a lot of fun! I''d definitely be more inspired in a photo both than by a guest book!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE this idea! we are trying to figure out how to incorporate this in our wedding. I think our plan is to have the guests put one strip in the guest book with photo tape and then sign next to the pics. I would want them to be able to take their pics home too though, so I guess you would need it to print twice or just have the guests take more than one set of photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results