shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo Request: Tight-packed roses in lucite box as centerpiece?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am throwing a housewarming party at the end of the month and I would really like some floral arrangements. I feel like I have seen this ''look'' a thousand times in bridal magazines, on the knot, and on wedding tv shows-- but I can''t find a picture anywhere now!

It''s a centerpiece where roses (or some other flower, but preferably white roses) are cut short and tightly packed into a lucite or plexiglass or glass rectangle vase, that sits low to the table. Modern and clean.

I have google-searched and looked for the past hour on theknot.com with no avail! Can someone post some photos? I want some inspiration photos to show the florist.

Thanks!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like this?

1303331110.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
or...

rosescenterpiecelowmodern.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m picturing something like this but with white roses instead of grass. Yes? No?

centerpiecepicgrassforps.jpg

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
not really like the first two... the one with the grass is closer for sure. just roses instead of grass, where only the head of the rose sits higher than the edge of the short vase.

Thanks for the photos so far! If anyone comes across something more close, post up please!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
i don''t have pics, but think it would look really cool...

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Here''s a few I found...I''m sure none of them are exactly "it", but thought they''d be worth posting!

rose-centerpiece15.jpg

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Imagine this without the weird thing coming out the middle...

whiteroses4.jpg

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Or this one is cute, sort-of homewarmingish...hope you find what you''re looking for!

rose-centerpiece5.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this closer? But with a clear vase?

11111ro034.jpg

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/11/2010 7:19:03 PM
Author: neatfreak
Is this closer? But with a clear vase?

YES! That is it. Clear vase and no moss. I am going to buy a bunch of roses today and do it myself-- if it looks even half decent, I will post a photo.
1.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
???

rosesSquared[5].jpg

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Here''s something I made up, I was trying to picture how I wanted my centerpieces. I also added pink LED lights to the vases, so that''s what the second picture is all about, even though you can''t see the whole picture very well. I turned off ALL the lights when I should have just dimmed them, oops!

pink LED light vase roses.JPG

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2010 11:48:00 AM
Author: doodle
???

That is exactly what I am thinking of! Where did you find that picture? I wonder if there is some special way to get all the flowers to stand up straight.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YAY Doodle! That is beautiful!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 4:49:42 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl

Date: 1/12/2010 11:48:00 AM
Author: doodle
???

That is exactly what I am thinking of! Where did you find that picture? I wonder if there is some special way to get all the flowers to stand up straight.
No special way if your using a glass vase, the roses just need to be tightly packed and they''ll stand up straight.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I do that type of arrangement in my home all the time! It''s such a sleek way to display bundled roses my guy regularly brings home from a trip to the local Farmers'' Market.

FYI, if you''re planning to have fun and make them yourself in large quantities for a party, they sell rectangular glass vases at Ikea that work really well; at Ikea prices, you can invite guests to take the arrangements home at the end of the fete if they like too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results