shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo Booth

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have photobooth at their wedding, or go to a wedding with photobooth? How do they set it up? What does it look like? What sort of props did you provide?

My photog ran a promotion where if we paid in full by a certain time, they would give us photobooth for free. So I snatched that one up! But I''m just wondering what is involved in it now.

What are your photobooth experiences?

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 11:25:06 AM
Author:girlface
Anyone have photobooth at their wedding, or go to a wedding with photobooth? How do they set it up? What does it look like? What sort of props did you provide?

My photog ran a promotion where if we paid in full by a certain time, they would give us photobooth for free. So I snatched that one up! But I''m just wondering what is involved in it now.

What are your photobooth experiences?

My friend had a traditional photobooth, which looked like an amusement park photobooth. It was a private booth with a curtain, and screens both inside and outside of the booth. Guests got their pictures in a strip, on the spot. No props. It was set up on the outskirts of their bar area. Guests LOVED it.

My photographer had never done a photobooth before, but wanted to experiment with the concept. We agreed to be guinea pigs for their "Silly Booth." Rather than being set up in a traditional booth, they set up a white screen in our cocktail room to use as a backdrop. I''ve attached a pic to show the set-up. We had funny, oversize sunglasses, paper parasols, brightly colored bow ties, a basketball, large picture/poster frames, etc. While guests did not walk away with their photos, I uploaded them all to Kodak Gallery once I got the DVD from our photographer, and e-mailed the link to friends & family so they could order copies as they pleased. Our photographers rocked, and our guests had a blast.

mishcrew.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it when people have photo booths and I *really* wanted to have one at our wedding but I made the mistake of allowing my mother to convince me that it was unnecessary. I really regret not having it, and I''m so excited for you that you''ll have one!

The ones I''ve seen just had a basket full of fun props (there''s a really recent thread with adorable prop pictures in BWW, actually) and a cute sign with instructions.

SO MUCH FUN!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been to a wedding with a photobooth, but I''ve seen some of the photos that resulted from them here on PS and read the stories, and they seem like a cute idea that a lot of people like :)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
A photo booth for free, wow, what a deal!! I''ve actually never been to a wedding with one myself, but anytime I am anywhere that does have one, I enjoy it! We will have one (at least that''s the plan), and hope it will double as a "favor" since it will print out a copy for the guest with our names/wedding date, etc. on it and one will go for the guest book.

I don''t know how I feel about props... but people do seem to enjoy it. I think funny sunglasses, feather boas, cowboy hats or sombrero are a good place to start!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I was at a bday party with a photo booth. Everyone loved it! They had wigs, hats, sunglasses, guitars etc. It was really fun!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We got ours for free too! Photog offered it 2 days before the wedding, we were so excited! Those pics are my favorites, actually, because they''re hilarious!! We had a bandana, feather boa, straw hat, bowler hat, my mom''s wedding hat (long joke, haha) and some mardi gras beads. That was what we could gather in 2 days time having just moved so I''m sure with lots of time you could find a whole bunch of cute stuff!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I think a photobooth is a great idea too! i''d like to do it when the time comes.

This may sound really stupid though - but, everyone who''s been to one of these weddings say the guests Love the photobooth. Of course I want my guests to have a great time but did anyone find that it took away from other parts of the wedding though? Or did it enhance it? I mean, do people line up at the photobooth instead of dancing, for example? It''d be great to hear from those who''ve attended a photobooth wedding.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 12:25:24 AM
Author: iota15
I think a photobooth is a great idea too! i''d like to do it when the time comes.

This may sound really stupid though - but, everyone who''s been to one of these weddings say the guests Love the photobooth. Of course I want my guests to have a great time but did anyone find that it took away from other parts of the wedding though? Or did it enhance it? I mean, do people line up at the photobooth instead of dancing, for example? It''d be great to hear from those who''ve attended a photobooth wedding.

For my friend''s more traditional photobooth, there were often small lines, and even at our modified photobooth, people stood around to watch other people getting their photos taken. Yes, it would have been nice to have more people on the dance floor (especially since our DJ did such a phenomenal job!), but people enjoyed the photobooths (both types) so much that it''s hard to say they "took away" from anything. And honestly, it''s awesome to have such fun pictures of our friends and family we wouldn''t have been able to get otherwise.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Our photobooth was outside the ballroom next to the bar, so everyone who got a drink was encouraged by our photogs to get a picture done.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I will talk to our photographer about what we should really expect, but I was just wondering what others'' experiences were.
1.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to get some more thoughts on if they are worth it. I booked a fantastic photographer and she has two packages, they are $1,000 different in price and the one that is 1k more includes a large photo album and a photo booth. I don''t really care much about the album so in all honesty I''d be spending 1k on a photo booth. That being said her 1k more than basic including the photo booth is just about the same price as most local people to me''s more basic package. I know you can''t know if it will be worth it to me in the end and all that but in general, especially to those who had one, is it worth it?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
There are numerous ways in which a photo booth is done. My favorite is a setup that had a foot pedal for the guests to take the photos themselves. There are assistants manning a computer which then selects the best photo and prints them for the guests.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Stepcutgirl-

My photographer was running a promo where if we paid in full before a certain date, we got photobooth for free! I wasn''t going to have it because it was $1,000.00, and not a necessity, but I''m so happy we were able to have it, and would gladly pay the price knowing what I know now. It was a blast! It adds another form of entertainment to the night, and give guests something to look forward to (getting the pictures!) We bought a bunch of props (beards, mustaches, huge glasses, doofy hats, masks etc). Our photobooth was basically just a white sheet sort of setup with a camera manned by the second photographer.

Definitely worth it, in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results