shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo Album Engagement Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
This is another idea I have in mind. I was thinking of putting together a photo album / scapbook with photo and mememtos of some of our most fun and cherished times together (ie. trip down south, etc). I will fill around 1/4 of the album with these and plan on gluing the rest of the album together and cutting a notch in the center of the pages for placement of the engagement ring. The page before it will introduce the next chapter in our life...

Too predictable? Not creative enough?

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
wow... i actually thought of this idea as well and i think it''s a great idea... it''s just going to take a lot of effort. i was actually going to make mine a ''choose your own adventure'' type of book and have personal questions about our relationship and she''d flip through the book...

but i''m not going that path anymore... but i think it''s a pretty great idea. you might try using the thicker cardboard type paper... only thing is to make sure she doesn''t open it up from the back. :) whatever you choose, i think she''ll be extremely happy with your effort. best of luck!!

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. I am a pretty creative person and enjoy artwork so I think this would be a joy to do. only problem is I would like the ring to sit upright and not on it''s side...the options of albums/scrapbooks out there that are this thick is scarce. Any tips?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
This is a very nice idea, and one which others have used before with great success. It''s thoughtful, romantic and provides a great keepsake for the event. Not to mention, a keepsake that can be added to as you grow together through your engagement and marraige. Is this in addition to the rose petals and home-made meal mentioned in your other post?

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Hi Gale, yes this would be in addition to the meal and romatic setting I have l planned at my home. I am just torn between this idea and the others I had with the Kinder egg and surprise inside...which you do think is better?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Hey Romantic,

I like both ideas. A lot. Each one has it''s charms. The kinder surprise is sweet because she loves them and is excited about the prize and so on. On top of that she will NEVER expect to see a real diamond ring inside one. How are you going to do that??? The photo album is sweet because it will have pictures and things inside it from your beginning. Pictures of the two of you when you first started dating, and then when you were getting more serious and so on. Also, the two of you get to keep a momento of the proposal that will serve as a lovely reminder of this special moment every time you look at it. Indeed, this sort of photo album idea can be carried forward into your future - make it part of your tradition, marking extra special events in a series of such albums. I have to say I am an absolute sucker for your dancing idea from the other post.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
The dancing will be a good touch :) If I go in th Kinder egg direction O will have to carefully split it open and slip the ring box inside the plastic prize egg (large kinder egg with extra large prixe egg inside to hold the ring box). My girlfriend made me an album a few years back withmemories from our beginning so i am thinking of continuing it on with this new album idea. The problem is just thinking of how to place the ring inside.

A new idea I just thought of while at Hallmark is to give her a gift on that night (anniversary gift). It's a precious moments of a boy giving a ring to a girl...very sweet. I can have her open this up and then present her with the ring upon the surprise...or place the ring on the precious moments over the ring box....please follow this link for a pic >>>

http://www.westportstyle.com/precious-moments/4194.asp

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Along the idea of the kinder surprise, do you have a fancy chocolatier in your town? You could have a chocolatier make your own special "kinder surprise". My mother used to make chocolate things for us at Christmas, some of which were hollow. She had 2-piece molds that she literally painted with chocolate, and then would nestle little things inside for us when closing the chocolate shell up. I had completly forgotten about this until now, so thanks to you for reminding me. You could even do this yourself with a little bit of effort. Egg molds will be popular now in stores that sell candy making supplies, since easter is around the corner. These supplies are easily purchased over the internet as well, as can a nicer sort of chocolate than is generally available in grocery stores. This fits easily into your special dinner plan in that you will have made a special dessert for her (or had someone do it for you). PM if you are interested in proceeding with this option, and I can try to find some more information out for you.

The only thing I can think of for the scrap book/photo album idea is to get a thick binder sort of photo album with the cardboard pages (without the clear plastic thingy on them). That way you can cut out a section in the middle of several of these thick pages. You probaly alredy suggested that. Presumably, you will hold the book on your lap and turn the pages, so she does not accidentally go for the middle, or feel something strange going on with the pages.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Oops. Forgot to reply about the precious moments thing. It''s a very cute idea, but I like the first two ideas better. BTW, when are you planning to propose?

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great feedback Gale. I had put some thought into getting a custom chocolate mold done at Godiva but she just really loves the Kinder chocolate so I thought that would be my best bet. I am pretty torn now! I am planning on proposing in the next few weeks!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love the scrapbook idea!!!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Choose your favourite and go with it. Whether it''s kinder surprise, scrapbook or the precious moments thing, all of the ideas you have are lovely. Each one gives a different sort of touch to your proposal. Whichever route you take from here, it is sure to be romantic and special.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gale, the problem is I am equally favorable of all 3 ideas! I honestly don't know which one I would like to do as I am sure all would work out well...Help anyone!
1.gif

Leviclimber

Rough_Rock
I think that the photo album would be really neat. I am going to be doing something to that effect, plus a little something else. Kinder eggs are great, but once you eat them, they are all done...can''t keep them and relive them like photo albums. On the other hand...you can always buy more kinder eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results