shape
carat
color
clarity

phone numbers?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
question for all you LIWs...

I posted this in hangout but not sure how many of you go over there...how many of you know (by heart) your SO's phone number? I told my BF that he has to memorize mine before we can get engaged :)

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I know his number, have for a while. He didn't know mine by heart after we'd been dating about a year and I gave him a hard time about it. You never know when your phone is gonna get a bath or something and you'll need to call for help from a landline. He knows it now, though.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, couldn't dial his number if you offered me a million dollars. I do know the area code now, which is a big accomplishment.

The only people I can currently reach from a pay phone sans address book are my mother and my high school best friend's parents.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know his but not my own :bigsmile:

paris29

Shiny_Rock
We both have each others memorized. But today with so many cell phones I would't be suprised if many people didn't have their SO's number memorized.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I know SO's. I had to ask him if he knew mine, and he passed : D yay.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
No I don't think he knows mine and I don't know his off by heart... I don't know my own by heart!

We don't have a land line (just Naked DSL) and so I never actually "dial" his number, always call from my Cell.

I actually carry his business card around with me in my purse incase anything happens to my phone. And I have written 'Incase of Emergency' on it so if there is an emergency and the emergency service goes through my purse they know who to call.

If anything happens to my entire bag, I dont actually know anyones number off by heart. Which is worrying really.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I know his by heart but I actually have no clue if he knows mine. I'm guessing no lol

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I know his but he doesn't know mine 8) .

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I know his home and cell. He knows my cell, but I doubt he knows my home phone anymore. At some point in time he did know my home number. But since I'm rarely home anymore, he's probably forgotten by now.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know his and he doesn't know mine, but I know it is on facebook in case I don't have my phone

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Of course.
I am a number person. I remember tons of numbers. (For many years, I was still able to recite my middle school locker combo.)
I also know his social security number by heart, in addition to my own.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
maebelle said:
I don't know his and he doesn't know mine, but I know it is on facebook in case I don't have my phone
yes but what if you didn't have internet access or if FB was down? not trying to insult you, I know MANY people who don't know any numbers...but for me personally it is important

entitledpearl22

Rough_Rock
Trade
Absolutely! We both know work & mobile by memory. Funny thing is I only learned his emaill address about 2 years ago...

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
slg47 said:
maebelle said:
yes but what if you didn't have internet access or if FB was down? not trying to insult you, I know MANY people who don't know any numbers...but for me personally it is important

Sadly I am not a numbers person and find it impossible to memorize a number I do not have to use frequently (ever). Thats why I think the business card idea was a good idea. And I do have to pull it out occasionally.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
PrincessNatalie said:
slg47 said:
maebelle said:

Sadly I am not a numbers person and find it impossible to memorize a number I do not have to use frequently (ever). Thats why I think the business card idea was a good idea. And I do have to pull it out occasionally.

yes I do think that is a good idea!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
The numbers I know from memory:
Mine
My mom's
Grandma's
Two friends
Various friends' parents' numbers from childhood/high school

And that's it! I don't even know my work number, and keep one of my business cards on my desk in case I have to give it out.

When I first got a cell, I had a spreadsheet of all of my contacts. But that hasn't been updated in, oh, 10 years or so.

If anything happens to my cell, I would have to pull up a bill online to get my bf's number.

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
I do know his number. He mentioned awhile ago that he knew mine and I made it a point to learn his. It's the one number I know aside from my parents and my office.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I know his home, cell and work by heart. Dont know the work cell though. He also knows all three of mine by heart too. The issue, he doesnt ever remeber the turn off for my moms house, and misses everytime!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results