shape
carat
color
clarity

Philly PS''ers - Need your advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
See previous thread!

Thanks to you Philly PS''ers, DD has now found an appartment in Rittenhouse area! She loves it!! On her first day, she & her BF walked into an area which was scary for her and got her first cultural schock!. Despite that, she is sooooooo excited to be there and has already visited Penn U.

Ok, a little background. Eversince she was a child, she has been an animal lover esp. horses and dogs! When she left home for University in Berlin, she bought herself a small dog. After University, this dog accompanied her to Shanghai for two and a half years. Now, the dog is with her in Philly.

However, I just found out from her that dogs are not allowed on buses and trains, but how is she going to come home for christmas? She can''t and won''t leave the dog alone. Original thought was, she could go every where with the dog, also to fly home during vacations.
14.gif
8.gif

Any Philly PS''er knows some reliable dog sitters or dog kennels near her area? Or any other advice/tip is much appreciated!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Wharton!

I'm currently a Penn med student, I have a lot of classmates with pets that live near ritten house, and honestly, they mostly just ask other classmates that have (or have had) pets to dog sit while they are away. It seems to work for the most part.

I'm sure if she's uncomfortable with that, there are a lot of pros around. In fact, the Penn Vet school is very close to Wharton, she could probably pick up some great suggestions from them.

ETA: So home for her is switzerland? Couldn't she just take the dog on a taxi to an airport then? Or am I missing something?

Also, random aside, the med school occasionally has mixers with the business school, maybe I'll see her around!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto...my colleagues usually just email the whole group and see if anyone can dog-sit. If it''s a small dog, she could take it on the plane, but she would have to take a cab to the airport, since as you mentioned they''re not allowed on the train.

BTW, sorry I didn''t help with your previous thread...never saw it! But I''m also in Center City and would have been happy to suggest some buildings where some of my colleagues live. Glad it all worked out though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results