shape
carat
color
clarity

Philippa Gregory Books

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
I was reading a thread not long ago about what everyone is reading. I picked up one of the books called The Other Boleyn by Philippa Gregory (recommended by Lorelei)- wow, I can't put it down!

It seems Philippa Gregory has a list of books she's written. I've already purchased The Boleyn Inheritance but want to buy more. But WHICH ONES?

Love novels with a story and something to learn at the same time.

Suggestions anyone?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all great, I forget the titles but I have read a few of them...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked "The Queen''s Fool." It''s been my favorite of hers so far, although I''ve only read a few.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve read them all and they''re great. When I see a new one I always buy it because I know it''ll be a good read.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Queens Fool so far. Maybe one more and I just can''t recall? I really like PG, though sometimes the books seem to move a little slowly (QF)...I know there are others but I haven''t gotten around to them yet hehe.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve read the following and thoroughly enjoyed them all:
1. The Virgin''s Lover.
2. The Queen''s Fool.
3. The Constant Princess.
4. The Other Boleyn Girl.
5. The Boleyn Inheritance.

I''m now reading Diane Haeger''s books which are similar, but better written imho.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I just got through with The Boleyn Inheritance and loved it! I also loved The Virgin's Lover but my favorite is still The Other Boleyn Girl. Did you know that they're making a film of it? Natalie Portman plays Anne and Scarlett Johansson plays Mary. I would have cast them in just the opposite roles but we'll see!!

I haven't read any of the Wideacre trilogy because that era doesn't interest me as much, but maybe I'll give the first book in the series a go and see if I can get into it.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Harriet - Which of Diane Haeger''s books have you read?

chickflick - Great idea for a movie. I agree the actress roles should be switched.

I''m reading The Constant Princess now but prefer the writing in The Other Boleyn.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:41:50 AM
Author: Jo
Harriet - Which of Diane Haeger''s books have you read?

chickflick - Great idea for a movie. I agree the actress roles should be switched.

I''m reading The Constant Princess now but prefer the writing in The Other Boleyn.
I''ve read "The Courtesan" and "The Perfect Royal Mistress." I''m working on "The Ruby Ring" now.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
"The Queen''s Fool" is my favorite. If you like her writing, you may also want to check out Judith Merkle Riley''s new trilogy, starting with "A Vision of Light." Happy reading!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results