shape
carat
color
clarity

Peterborough, NH / Monadnock Region

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JZief

Rough_Rock
So my girlfriend and I are going up to a B&B in Peterborough, NH this weekend, and I am looking to find a nice scenic area (lake, river, nature walk, etc.). We are private people, more so me, and I am looking for a pretty outdoor area as opposed to somewhere more public. It is a relatively rural area, and I don''t know much about it. Ideally I''d like to do hiking, but its still too icy to do any real trails. I have seen that there are covered bridges in and around the area, and that may work. Especially since it is now supposed to rain on Saturday....boy I hate New England weather. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I agree about the weather--enough with the rain already! On a clear day you can see the Boston skyline from Mt. Monadnock, which I think would be nice, but obviously the weather isn''t cooperating. Also, you''d need crampons this time of year.

Have you considered proposing at the B&B? I''m sure it is nestled in the woods, so you could easily take a walk around the grounds. Or maybe you could talk with the owner about putting the ring on top of her waffle
2.gif
I am a huge fan of B&B''s, especially in NH (our favorite is there)--and I always wanted for my husband to propose on one of our B&B trips so that we could come back and re-live the proposal. No matter what you do, it will be fantastic! Have a fabulous time!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I really love NELady''s suggestion about possibly proposing at the B&B...then you can go back there and rekindle the memories. I am sure if you contacted the B&B they would be more than willing to offer some suggestions on places to go around the grounds or even help to arrange a small intimate moment just for the two of you somewhere in the B&B.

The NE weather is terrible but you know what they say...if you aren''t happy with the weather, wait a minuet
3.gif

Good luck this weekend!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like the idea of proposing at the B&B. I also had another suggestion -- there''s a really pretty pond off of Route 101 in Peterborough called Cunningham Pond. It''s a nice spot to swim in the summer, and it''s never been crowded when I''ve been there. There''s a little beach area as well.

I''m very familiar with the area but for some reason, I''m drawing a blank on other places to recommend. I''ll work on it though and I''ll let you know if I come up with other ideas.

Zoe

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a few restaurant names that I thought I''d pass along. I know you didn''t ask about that but I thought maybe you''d like a few suggestions for your weekend get-away.

Intermezzo: http://www.intermezzonh.com/ (It used to be called R.A. Gatto''s.)

Acqua Bistro: http://www.acquabistro.com/ (I''ve eaten here and it''s really good.)

Pearl Restaurant and Oyster Bar (I''ve never been but it''s described as "award winning refined Southeast Asian influenced cuisine, created from only the finest ingredients." I can''t find a website but the number is 603 924-5225.

Here''s a place that is really pretty and would be ideal for a romantic proposal in the woods. It''s called Cathedral of the Pines, and it''s in a town called Rindge, which is close to Peterborough. http://cathedralofthepines.org/

This is part of the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce''s website. There are a few attractions listed that I thought I''d pass along as well. http://www.peterboroughchamber.com/ski-new-hampshire.html

Again, I don''t know if any of this is useful to you but it might be worth checking out.

JZief

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions. I really didn''t think anyone would even know of the area I was talking about..a real shot in the dark. But I guess the internet has people from all over. I am trying to narrow down what I am doing, it has been difficult. What I am trying to do is recreate, in New England, what my IDEAL proposal would have been in VA, where we went to school. Finances, timing, and the element of surprise hasn''t allowed me to get down there with her and do that, and since we live up here now, it seems only appropriate to do it up here.

Ideally, I wanted to propose on a certain trail in the Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge mountains of VA, while staying at a B&B we stayed at for our first 2 anniversaries. The trail was out of the way and had a great view of the surrounding area. I would also have had wine from our favorite local vineyard there as well.

To recreate that idea, I have us going to a B&B in NH (which she actually thinks is her idea...I''m sneaky) and wanted to find a nice scenic spot to propose. I have wrestled with the idea of waiting till the weather is better in May to do this, but to paraphrase a movie/TV show, "Now that I found the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, I don''t want to waste anymore time not getting on with the rest of my life". That''s why it is now. I also managed to wrangle a bottle of our favorite wine from the local place in VA (had a friend ship it in, score!)

So, I have sort of figured out a few locations that will be ideal (with your guys help!). The weather is the biggest thing that is bumming me out. Its supposed to rain Friday and Saturday, and be sunny on Sunday. I had wanted to do it on Saturday so we could just chill the whole day and whatever afterward. If I do it on Sunday, it wil be right before we drive back to Boston. That would work as well.

Anyway, I''m just rambling out loud at this point. I do really appreciate your suggestions and I will look into them. Thank you so much.

Jon

JZief

Rough_Rock
I had heard of the Cathedral of the Pines and it does sounds pretty cool. Definitely going to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results